ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 fuel guage

Integra Type-R DC2
Put £40 petrol in my car Monday, which should last the weeks commute. Anyway, down the motorway today, fuel warning light flashes up. Bit wierd I think, seeing as the fuel guage says I have about a quater tank left. Flick onto the trip computer and it says ive got 44 miles worth of petrol left (which realistically means 4 miles). Bit odd that the guage and the trip computer completely contradict each other. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Integra Type-R DC2
What do you mean? Was on flat when it happend. Didnt go away, had to pull over and put £20 in to get to work.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
my light comes on at 39 miles left on the trip, but thats when the guage is on its arse, you say you were on the motorway but keep in mind your mpg obviously changes so the computer might be trying to work it out and at one point has fell on/below 39 miles during its calculation, the only thing puzzling me is if your gauge was reading a quarter,