ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Dynamique - Nice and Simple!

Citroen C2 GT
Hi guys/girls, started with a totally standard 1.2 16v Dynamique in Jan 2010 just before my 17th birthday. Since then the car has seen a handful of changes (all aesthetic tbh). I'd like to think I've avoided the chavvy look a lot of teenagers unfortunately go for.

5878580815_067eb8522e_z.jpg

Clio4 by ChubbsSSV, on Flickr

Started by buying 172 wheels and had them resprayed in Newport Grey (Mitsubishi colour) They came out fantastic IMO.

5879180720_dec6ecafb3_z.jpg

Wheels by ChubbsSSV, on Flickr

Also painted the brakes yellow...

Lowered the car 40mm on Spax springs, which I know isnt much but just made the car sit right on the wheels.

5879142284_2feb3d6764_z.jpg

Clio2 by ChubbsSSV, on Flickr

5879145250_ff82e85ffd_z.jpg

Clio6 by ChubbsSSV, on Flickr

All fairly simple mods which have made a massive difference. Set of Climair wind-deflectors, wider rear mudflaps (as standard ones didn't cover the new alloys) and a 182 grille. Tinted indicators were a nice touch and complimented the wheels.

Most of the pics are before I put the grille on, but it has made a massive difference!

Currently toying over getting badges painted and changing to slightly shorter number plates.

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/images/smilies/smiley4.gif

Car looks great man. Really like the colour of the alloys against the silver.

Thinking of colour coding your car? What about carbon wrapped badges? Would go nice with the wheels.

Ive got a 1.2 aswell, and I'm looking to do simular stuff. What was the drop like from the 40mm spax springs? Did it close the arch gap?

Jack.

Octavia VRS LE
i like that.. maybe colour code side strips and both bumpers or maybe spray them Black so they stand out and look newer!!

Citroen C2 GT
Thanks everyone. Thinking about having the plastics sprayed black, mainly because I dont think it would suit colour coding :p Welcome to ideas for the badges!

Citroen C2 GT
Hi Jack, drop was perfect just to close the gap and the ride is still excellent. If i had more money at the time, i would have definitely gone lower with springs and shocks or coilovers.

1.2 MK2
Thanks everyone. Thinking about having the plastics sprayed black, mainly because I dont think it would suit colour coding :p Welcome to ideas for the badges!
i think spraying the plastics gloss black would look good mate ... breaks it up a bit ! lol

and you could maby paint the badges the same colour as the wheels ? :)

Citroen C2 GT
i think spraying the plastics gloss black would look good mate ... breaks it up a bit ! lol

and you could maby paint the badges the same colour as the wheels ? :)

Totally agree with the plastics mate, had a look at some badges which had been done by Spray Shack, top notch stuff and thinking of getting a quote of him! Same grey with one thin yellow pin stripe down one edge :approve:

1.2 MK2
do it mate ! .. im gonna DIY colour code mine this weekend :) haha ... love the yellow pinstripe idea .. get some pics up once thats done.

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
P1060794.jpg

P1060792.jpg

P1060783.jpg

My car is exactly the same as yours mate, except mine doesnt have the lows (yet) :(

Definately colour code it. Easy to do, just follow the guide. I did my side strips myself. Next for me is spoiler! Also RS grille would tidy it up (also on my list)

Citroen C2 GT
Thanks guys, got a price for the badges so I just need to wait for payday :D as for the plastics, I'm pretty keen on keeping them black just to go with the wheels. Also Chris.b, set of mudflaps are a must too ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Spray the badges yourself. It's not that hard. I'm spraying my interior door and dash strips just now. Easy job. If I can do it, anyone can.

Citroen C2 GT
Spray the badges yourself. It's not that hard. I'm spraying my interior door and dash strips just now. Easy job. If I can do it, anyone can.

I sprayed the diamonds on my old wheels myself, any recommendations on paint/lacquer etc?

Getting there, going down the right route of non pikey/chavvy mods which is good. If you're wondering what colour coding may look like, well any excuse to throw up a pic of my old 1.2!

Photo0206.jpg

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Getting there, going down the right route of non pikey/chavvy mods which is good. If you're wondering what colour coding may look like, well any excuse to throw up a pic of my old 1.2!

Photo0206.jpg

That is lush. Exactly what i'm aiming for. Did you colour code the bumpers yourself? If so, how?

Citroen C2 GT

Photo0206.jpg

Really like that mate! Colour coding suits that front bumper and I like the cut plate! Did you colour code the spoiler? Got priced £80 for that! No thanks :p