ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'03 - 172 to NEW 197? Should I change?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Some people may have seen my for sale thread

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=333157

The missus will be the main driver of the new car and she's hinted that a 197 [preferably Cup] would be big enough for her and I'd still have a nice hot hatch to hi-jack at weekends.;)

Anyone around Notts/Lincs who has a 197 who'd like to convince me that it would be a good upgrade?

Shouldnt mind having a look round one without being pestered at the dealers:rolleyes:

A quick test drive probably wouldnt do much use.. I was looking at one when i had my 182, and tried a non cupped 197, and never liked it

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i got ot drive a 197 for over an hour and was allowed to drive it as i normally do. so i gave it redline etc. a lot of the time a test drive is roundthe block these days.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Had a really good spin in a CTR earlier. Was able to give it some redline on a decent test route:cool:

You like the 197 then Seb? I'm thinking about the Cup.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah it is a fantastic car. you cannot describe how well it corners. people will tell you it is slower than a 172/182. well i can definetely tell you it isn't, bar top end due to the gearing. i have a standard 197 so a cup packed one ust be even better.

basically it miles ahead of the 172/182. it cannot be denied.

Golf R
i've come from a Trophy to an R27 via a Ph-Quick.... awesome handling and great fun... not as raw as the Trophy or Ph-Quick but still a cracking car. everytime you get in and drive it it's pure grin factor :)

probably just better to keep your old one in these days of economic slowdowns...credit crunches...

and terrorists....

buying a new car nowadays...depreciation is akin to rape...