ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£740 worse off...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But it drives like new so i "suppose" its worth it!!!!

After the clutch was on its way out i didn't have enough money to get it sorted so just left it, and then the head gasket decided to go on me two weeks ago!!!

Took it to my regular mechanic, got a pretty good quote for the two of 550 so the work began....

First phonecall i got was an offer to fit a new cambelt kit and water pump labour free... great deal so had to accept but close 100£ in frikken parts!

Second phonecall was to tell me i had worn the clutch soooo far that it had worn back to the rivets and then had started to score circular lines in the flywheel... luckily it turned out that the flywheel could be skimmed (rather like the head has to be) which only cost like 78£ rather than the price of a new flywheel.

Third phonecall was to say some weird bolt type thing in the head had broken so that actually turned out to be quite expensive :(

So yeah luckily (being a friends dad) there was no extra charges on estimate other than parts, so yeah now i'm poor but the car is a totally different 1.2 animal :p

Thanks for listening :p

172 mk2 Iceberg
Glad you got it sorted..........

Seems you got a lot of work for your money,and its allways nice having a new clutch.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah i got a lot of work for the money just because he does me mates rates pretty much, other wise it'd probably be at a breakers somewhere! Or being sold for parts on here!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Probably more than a third if i'm honest, but its gotta be done as it gets me to work and uni, so can't really live without it and on part time wages a new one isn't on the cards!