ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£500 to throw at my car

G51 BEN
Basically instead of buying a new car ive decided to keep mine for another year, and over the next two months throw £500 into getting it running like new. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I just feel like I owe it some TLC.

First on my list are new fanbelt and two new front tires which are getting bald.

Any more ideas?
Also what would a rough estimate be on the above being supplied and fitted?

Im not after making it LOOK any nicer really, maybe spacers thats about it - its a 1.2 fully colour coded, RS grill - keeping it simple but nice.

Not 100% clued up on what to replace though, all I know is that it hasnt had a full service in 15 months (18,000 miles), and the one before that was an Arnold Clark 'service'

G51 BEN
yeah it will get a good service plus more.... detailing would be nice but I drive along dusty roads to get to work so would be short lived!
and yeah st3ve the headlight will get sorted.

Like I said, im not really after changing the aesthetics of the car, just the drive of it and reliability :)

Evo 8 MR
You'll be surprised how long a proper detail will keep your car shining.

Yes it will get dirty but all you need to do is give it a quick wash and it brings the shine back out again. My old Dynamique still shines like it was detailed yesterday upto the day I sold it and it'd been done 6 months previous.

Iceberg 172
I say a proper service. Although if you're taking it to a garage £500 won't go far these days!

Maybe it'll be a lot cheaper for a 1.2 actually.

Spark plugs, filters, oil, injectors cleaned, tyres.

I'd then check all the wear and tear items... Brakes and suspension and bushes.

If not I say hookers and strippers. The strippers add a bit of excitement IMO... Squeeze their tits and have a ruck with a couple of over weight bouncers... A lot more fun than your 1.2!!!!

G51 BEN
Yeah that first option sounds like the sensible way... although.... strippers!
Had new brake discs and pads so doesnt need them.

So.... lets say for the time being:

Fanbelt
spark plugs
oil change (oil provided by myself)
filters excl. air filter
injectors cleaned
2 new tyres

What price are we talking for each?

Clio 182 arctic
Yeah that first option sounds like the sensible way... although.... strippers!
Had new brake discs and pads so doesnt need them.

So.... lets say for the time being:

Fanbelt
spark plugs
oil change (oil provided by myself)
filters excl. air filter
injectors cleaned
2 new tyres

crate of beer for the mate your gonna get todo it 4 ya - £15

What price are we talking for each?
y excluding the air filter buddy. you got an aftermarket on.
fan belt - £10 tops
spark plugs -£30 tops
pollen filter - £10
oil - £40 unless uve got some already
injectors cleaned - £10 woth of vpower or halfords shyt (redex)
tyres - £140 top of the line in your size

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Spend £300 on some advanced driving training. The rest on Johnnie Walker and strippers.

DCi 100
I wouldn't really be that overly fussed on making it all brand new on the little 1.2 tbh.

Personally would just do the belts as there due, place bearings/brakes when they come to the end of their livess and put petrol in it.