ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£500 for a laptop - help!

The standard corporate replacement schedule at the companies I've worked at has been 12 months for Windows laptops and 36months for Apple laptops

A fair bit of that is because Windows runs like a bag of s**t without an absolute ton of memory and recent processor whereas you can usually run 3 years of OSX updates before you need to upgrade hardware - but it was also hardware failures like screens dying or keyboard buttons failing etc..

False economy buying cheap.

We have a three year replacement schedule on hardware. I work at a school so all the computers are budget/low spec and we don't have any issues. We reimage them once every year, which with our deployment system is a doddle to do.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If I knew I'd tell you. The keyboard has three useless keys (right arrow, ctrl and escape), and the backlit function no longer works.

It also suffer from random graphics card spaz attacks, whole screen goes like old static, only fix is to power it down with the button and switch it back on. POS

I heard Dells like coffee.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ah yer Oasis I remember. My Dell didn't mind coffee tbh. A whole mug and it was dripping through the bottom of it, carried on working. That thing got battered, god bless work laptops.

Because I don't pirate software?
Either that or you bought a laptop on Windows XP and ignored vista, 7, 8 etc...

My apologies.. I considered that an upgrade and not update. Still never did bother upgrading OS seeing as Microsoft update the old ones for long enough anyway.