ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£50 for oil & filter service @ Renault

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Supplying my own 5w/40 fully synth oil.

Price any good???????

2 years is a long time for oil change, so decided to change oil, as it looks good when i decide to sell on.

Mercedes SLK350
Do it yourself mate. You will save yourself about £45.

We did my brother's 182 2 days ago.

I don't trust the dealers, and can't really justify the cost on an interim oil change.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I thought it didn't sound bad, will get proper receipt & stamp in book.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Stop off at your local mechanic mate.The last one i had was £10.
Supplied my own oil and filter
And he will stamp your book.Use a renault filter and oil if you want to keep it authentic

ian

I got my 1st oil change done at renault they supplied all appropriate bits cost me just shy of a ton!! couldnt beileve it!!
Noticed a few weeks later they had made a right mess, I had a small pool of oil sitting on my sump guard was not best pleased. Renault Orpington actually..
Got a bloke at work to assist me last time paid him a tenner, and will definatly be doing myself next time.

Rob.

Do it yourself mate...I used to on my 172 and 182.

Got my oil from Total Butler (Elf), filters from Yozzasport.

30 min job if that.:)

Monaco Blue Mk2
I do mine myself. As long as you keep the recipt for the oil it's fine. Didn't think you got stamps in the book for oil changes? £50 is very steep aswel. Price on the board in my local Renault is £35.

Megane Mk4
mine cost £50 for it's first service, that included ALL filters inc. air con, Mobil one Excellium Oil and the labour too..

If anyones wondering, Wife works at an Accident repair centre and gets staff discount ;)

A4 Avant & A3
did mine myself last weekend.. bought all stuff from renault cost £38 i think.
Didn't take long after i managed to get the damn oil filter off..
(never had to remove one that solid before!!! - they aren't even supposed to be on tight are they!)

clio 1.2 16v
i done mine my self i bought the oil filter and the all for £23

do it ur self u will save a lot of money