ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£430 36K Service - Alright price?

K20 EG Hatch
Apparently it needs to have the air filter, oil, oil filter, pollen filter and aux belt changed. Is this everything that is changed and an alright price?

Was from Renault Bilston where i always take it as they have always been good and there work is spot on unlike other local renaults.

He said it would be £230 if i dont have the aux belt done but he recomends i do at 36k????

Cheers.

Dci 100
talk to fred or andy at yozza, there not that far away from you and they'll do a better job of it than renault ;)

paid 390 including aux belt for mine at Toomey Renault, was the cheapest after shopping around but I wont be going back there!!!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
£430!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeesus, just serviced a 225 for £200 all in. WITH aux belt, elf excellium, pollen etc etc.

That is a bit harsh, sorry alot!

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
yeh thats abit expensive mate? try as above mentioned or gdi in cambs/carlton garage in exmouth but forgot to check where abouts u are.

K20 EG Hatch
yeah but dont it have to goto official renault to have the book properly stamped to show up on FRSH to keep warranty as i feel i will be needing it lmao.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
yeah but dont it have to goto official renault to have the book properly stamped to show up on FRSH to keep warranty as i feel i will be needing it lmao.

have you had a price from wolvo reno i always take my own oil aswell

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
yozzasport, i had my 24k service there, good s**t and mate from here had its 36k one there aswell, ask fred but im pretty sure belt needs changing no harm in getting it done too early,

K20 EG Hatch

When i get it back from the service I have always changed my oil with silkolene pro s as i dont trust them to put it in if i just gave it to them.

And that price was from Renault Wolves (Bilston).

Lionel Richie
Dan you can go wherever you like for the service, as long as the garage is VAT registered and genuine parts are used, under EU ruling warranty is 100% unaffected

ask yourself this, pay £400 for a Renault tech to do the service

OR pay us WAY WAY WAY less and have the work done by ex clio cup mechanics and ex Ralliart engine builders?? and you can watch the work being done too

hum..................

MK2 172
£430 :eek: You should be able to get it done for about £150 less than that. Go take it to Yozza, Clarkie, etc anywhere but Renault at those prices. Plus they will take much better care of your car then Renault ever will.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

When i get it back from the service I have always changed my oil with silkolene pro s as i dont trust them to put it in if i just gave it to them.

And that price was from Renault Wolves (Bilston).

my mate ian works at wolvo reno so i know my cars alright there and they do put the oil in,i dont bother paying for silkolene oil its only a clio

Last edited:
  RB 182 cup,astra sri
my 36k service is now due. is the aux belt just the fan belt? if not, what is it? anyone know th part number for t also?

cheers

cp

Lionel Richie
my 36k service is now due. is the aux belt just the fan belt? if not, what is it? anyone know th part number for t also?

cheers

cp

fan belts don't exist on mondern cars with electrical fans

aux belt (or auxillary belt) powers the aircon, PAS, alternator and water pump from the crank

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Why not leave the aux' belt until 48k and have the cambelt done at the same time. 2 birds with one stone that way as the aux' belt will need to come off again to do the cambelt anyway.

Lionel Richie
Renault recommendation is 36K for the Aux belt

if it fails, it can take the cambelt with it

cambelt is 5yrs or 72K (although i say 4.5yrs or 68K to be safe, as i've seen them fail early too)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
To be fair, I've chanced it with my aux' and am now on 44500. I intend to have both done at 48k although that would probably fit into your 4.5 years bracket.

What would you charge for a 48k service including aux' belt and cambelt frederico?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
i'll have to give you an exact price tomorrow as i'm on the wrong computer at the moment
Not a problem mate. A ball park would do for now. If I said Renault quoted me 1100 notes at 36k for aux and cambelt, how would you stack up against that?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Super. What's the turnaround time like? Is BenR not too far away from your good selves?

Focus RS
I went to yozza's today and was treated very good, i cannot praise them enough, most if not all my jobs are being done by them from now on, its good to find a company you can trust as i have heard so many horror stories about others.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
the aux belt is not worth risking leaving till 48k imo as i know nick at hillpower has had 2 in that have failed both in the 30's and both took the cambelt with them,which is gonna leave you with a lot of unwanted costs

182 Trophy
I'm confused about this whole AUX belt thing. I have rang up no less than 10 Renault garages nationwide to be told the AUX belt doesn't need changing at the 36k service. Many members of this forum say it NEEDS to be changed at 36k service otherwise it is highly likely to cause an expensive problem. Though let's say at least 60% of Clio 182 owners don't use this site so this means they are unlikely to be aware of the 36k AUX belt change...Are all their cars breaking down? WHY are renault so adament it doesn't need changing?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm confused about this whole AUX belt thing. I have rang up no less than 10 Renault garages nationwide to be told the AUX belt doesn't need changing at the 36k service. Many members of this forum say it NEEDS to be changed at 36k service otherwise it is highly likely to cause an expensive problem. Though let's say at least 60% of Clio 182 owners don't use this site so this means they are unlikely to be aware of the 36k AUX belt change...Are all their cars breaking down? WHY are renault so adament it doesn't need changing?

Because renault dealers are numptys, some dealers don't even know what a renault sport is.

tiTTy & SV650
aux belt is mentioned in the manual so it should be done! simple, Point it out and ask for it to be done, mine'll be done in June.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Though let's say at least 60% of Clio 182 owners don't use this site so this means they are unlikely to be aware of the 36k AUX belt change...Are all their cars breaking down? WHY are renault so adament it doesn't need changing?

Depends if that 60% of owners are also the fecking huge amount of owners who DON'T BOTHER TO CHECK THEIR f**king SERVICE MANUALS :)

Just annoys me when people have it their infront of them in black and white yet still don't bother checking :p

Renault probably don't think it needs changing as the rest of the range is 72k iirc.

just been quoted £150 for my 36k service, said my belt will need doing in th next fiew 000 as dont have the doller to get that done yet,

Maz

LY 200
Just had 2 quotes for 36k service one at £400+ and the other £500+ one charging for 2.1 hours to change the belt and the other 3 hours .. whats that all about ?