ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£400 to spend - what exhaust?

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
whatever you do, dont go to longlife, they are sh*t, take my word for it, prospeed in cardiff i do recommend though

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
While we are on the subject can anyone recommend any exhausts for someone on a tight budget (i.e. im tight lol) oreferably with a bit of grunt and noise

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Milltek is fine. Love mine, its has enlarged pipework (2.5" iirc, same as Yozza) so i fail to see how the Yozza gives better gains tbh

Its just right, no booooom at 60-70, perfect, not chavvy sounding either.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Same as a BTB, which has proven gains. Also a guy off here weighed his standard system against his new Milltek. It saves 7KG's.........

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Probably. Its a good exhaust for the price. I'd never pay over £400 for an exhaust on a clio. No real gains to be had imo.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Probably. Its a good exhaust for the price. I'd never pay over £400 for an exhaust on a clio. No real gains to be had imo.

No gains to be had from selling a 172 and buying a 182, but you got one of them!!!! he he he he!!!!:quiet:

The miltek sounds nice, looks sweet aswell!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
acording to the guy at reno today if i go to JB in macclesfield (actually called JP lol) ill get an added 30bhp LMFAO..

im stood there in a GDI performance tuning fleece listening to this guy utter on about how easy my new 172 is to tune.....

Lionel Richie
Milltek is fine. Love mine, its has enlarged pipework (2.5" iirc, same as Yozza) so i fail to see how the Yozza gives better gains tbh

Its just right, no booooom at 60-70, perfect, not chavvy sounding either.

you're welcome to try a car with one fitted and then walk away with your tail between your legs ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ive got a milltek with decat and centre silencer removed, its deep lol

according to milltek they are going to release a non resonated system for the 172 but want a donor car first. its just what i have ie just a back back and no centre section.

for some reason my car used to flame at idle with the centre section in but stopped doing it since i got the silencer removed, weird!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
get a janspeed not loud and really good fitting, and best of all you will have some change.
here is the one i had i my 182

th_janspeed-182.jpg

Janspeedexhaust023.jpg

cup 182 mit stripes
That looks/sounds good,M.C. And it does'nt have the naff chamfered tail pipes like on the Ktec/Janspeed. Come to think about it ,is the Gdi one also made by Janspeed? Does the 2.5 bore lose low down torque?

B

Brown.

Some thing better then an exhaust which aint gonna make ya car any different imo

Clio 182
id spend the extra £75 and get a yozza well worth it
put mine on monday looks great and sounds amazing !!!

Last edited:
Got £400 to spend on a new exhaust for my 182, what you reckon I should go for?

Hang fire mate, i may be selling my BTB system very soon , it's less than 2 months old , comes with a life time guarantee!

There is only 11 made and there all SOLD , it's looking very likley they won't be making anymore!

leon

blackgold megane 225 5dr
Got £400 to spend on a new exhaust for my 182, what you reckon I should go for?

Hang fire mate, i may be selling my BTB system very soon , it's less than 2 months old , comes with a life time guarantee!

There is only 11 made and there all SOLD , it's looking very likley they won't be making anymore!

leon

why are you selling?