ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1k to spend on mods, any suggestions ?

Wide I have a 182 and have been talking with Andy at GDI about engine mods. I will not divulge to much on price and specs ,as I am sure Andy will not appreciate it!, but from a standard 182 I am looking at spending approx 2.5k to get in the high 190's.
You may do this cheaper with a different package but I want future upgrades to be available with the mods I want to get. (Speak to Andy for the best package for you).
My point is a 10% increase from an already highly tuned normally aspirated engine is alot extra and therefore costs money. Good example is Andys demo car which has 208bhp (single throttle body, cams, standalone ECU, exhaust etc.). Plus as AJR said top bhp figure isnt everything the driveability you will gain will be much more noticeable.
Something worth thinking about if a manufacturer claims 5bhp for an air filter and say 3bhp for an exhaust it isnt necessarily an 8bhp increase you can not keep adding the claimed increase everytime you bolt something else to the engine.
I remember a post with some bloke claiming a 205bhp clio from a few bolt on items by adding on the claimed figures onto his 180bhp it just does not work like that.

Elise/VX220/R26
I would go for induction kit decat and an r sport ECU spend the rest on a bit of stereo, I wouldnt mess with anything external on the car

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
as has been said, not just about top end bhp, but propper mapping to create a drivable package

part throttle fueling and acceleration fueling have a lot to do with how the car feels on the road, we find that there can be 30 bhp increases mid range but only 20bhp top end....

all interesting stuff never the less

Andy

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Bow down to the words of wisdom. Yeh a std 172 will do me nicely, can't wait...no noisy exhaust. Bliss

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
^^ tell me about it. you end up going deaf after 5 minutes..lol

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i got a custom made one and said i would like it very very loud and deep boy i regret that lol

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
i have to agree, i dont like noisy exhausts either..... something with a little more "sound" BUT NOT BOOM!

lol at words of wisdom.... wtf.... who said that..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Well it beats the comments of: " I have 200bhp from my Ik and zorst!" ;-)
If you hear any of the prospeeds, there spot on not too loud, but u know its there.

Maz

LY 200
So is the overall suggestion the following ??

Maxogen
Decat
R-sport
Springs

Anyone got any idea of rough price for parts, fititng and where is best to purchase these items ???

:)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i would have suggested, filter, manifold, straight through exhaust and remap. coilovers after that if u can strech to it...otherwise springs.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
itg or viper... pretty much the same really (powerwise)

exhaust (inc decat)

SMT6 mapped, will suit your car better... ( we now have portable AFR meter for on the road mapping )

Springs if you hate the ride height... H&R I like or Eibach