ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

££££ for 215bhp

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Trying to confirm the cost to get to this level of BHP:-

Please review the below and add comments to to confirm the actual costs:-

FOR 215bhp on Single throttlebody:-

IK 350 inc fitting
Manifold matching 200 inc fitting
Injectors 400 inc fitting
Cams 1100 inc fitting
ECU 1000 inc fitting
ETCC throttlebody ? 800 inc fitting
Cable throttle 50 inc fitting
Exhaust with de-cat. 500 fitted
Headwork 800 fitted

Total £4700

For 215 on throttleboddies:-

Full kit inc ECU etc ????
Exhaust with de-cat. 500 fitted

Thanks for peoples help to review and comment on the above costs. Would be good to know how much it really does cost to get 40bhp from the clio engine.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
davesrealgood said:
dont think you will get 215 with bodies only mate.....

Roamers car did 212 (std just throttlebodies / ECU etc) so yes its poss.

bodies 3.5k - 4k

my spec if I added headwork and not including exhaust approx 4k

I reckon headwork would gain 5-10bhp and I would have 210bhp-215bhp and 180-185lb/ft (better then Roamers 170lb/ft which is the big advantage of adding cams)

check out ktecs 205bhp TB conversion for a better representation of what can be achieved with just bodies ;) 4k

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1565

Lionel Richie
£3750 for bodies from us (for a cup, more expensive if you have aircon)

proper tapered individual bodies, not duals

Roamers TB'd 172 did 212bhp* BOLT ON (ie he had NO manifold match etc)

plus he was using a crap exhaust and the 4-1 manifold

i reckon on £4500 all in

*rolling road figure (using the same RR before/after a 24% gain was made, not to be sniffed at!!!)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
MarkM said:
bodies 3.5k - 4k

my spec if I added headwork and not including exhaust approx 4k

I reckon headwork would gain 5-10bhp and I would have 210bhp-215bhp and 180-185lb/ft (better then Roamers 170lb/ft which is the big advantage of adding cams)

check out ktecs 205bhp TB conversion for a better representation of what can be achieved with just bodies ;) 4k

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1565

Thanks Mark for the info.

So to say throttlebodies cost the same a single TB conv to get the same HP is a far statement.

For the likes on "theJesus" who has kindly informed me via PM that throttlebodies cost 5k.

I have just spoken to Yozza and a throttlebody kit inc injector and ECU etc fully fitted and mapped would be no more than 4k. Im sure these are the kits GDI have fitted in the past to 1 or 2 cars.

Its not a who's cars better thread and again thank for your and anyone relevant input.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
£3750 for bodies from us (for a cup, more expensive if you have aircon)

proper tapered individual bodies, not duals

Roamers TB'd 172 did 212bhp* BOLT ON (ie he had NO manifold match etc)

plus he was using a crap exhaust and the 4-1 manifold

i reckon on £4500 all in

*rolling road figure (using the same RR before/after a 24% gain was made, not to be sniffed at!!!)

VAT is 17.5% not 57.1% LOL....

Ferrari enzo
Not trying to hijack this thread, but keep seeing posts on costs of TB's and it shocks me.
How can throttle bodies cost 3.5-4k? I hope that comes with ecu, loom, fitting and setup?
Just a thought, but why not use tb's from a bike. Example 46mm off a hayabusa, 45mm off an R1 etc probably cost 150 notes from a breaker. The hayabusa ones will make 220bhp at the wheel on a 1400cc motor. Then all you need is an ecu and there are plenty on the market for well under the 3-4k you're already thinking of spending.
Just my 2 pence, i'm sure there is a good reason for my idea not working.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
rmccardal said:
Dont need ETCC TB

Its optional - so i put it with a ? mark next to it.

I think its fair to say that it costs basically the same for the STB set-up and the ITB's for 210/215bhp

Its not a b*tch thread it just to put the record straight.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
there are lots of factors to think about here...

one of them is some people dont want throttle bodies, they are noisey.... etc etc

you also dont need injectors if running 210 bhp (IF) your using Standalone... they run at 80% duty max at 210 bhp.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Andy GDI said:
there are lots of factors to think about here...

one of them is some people dont want throttle bodies, they are noisey.... etc etc

you also dont need injectors if running 210 bhp (IF) your using Standalone... they run at 80% duty max at 210 bhp.

Thanks for the input Andy.

You dont have to but you make make a little more hp with some uprated ones.

Regards to the noise then a good airbox for the TB's will sort that, its a plus point for some. I dont know of any other reason not to have them. But there are more good points over STB which are better Idle/mpg/future/driveabilty hp potential etc.

My info comming from XE and N/A cosworth engine experience.

As you say it what the customer wants.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
EVOgone said:
Thanks for the input Andy.

You dont have to but you make make a little more hp with some uprated ones.

Regards to the noise then a good airbox for the TB's will sort that, its a plus point for some. I dont know of any other reason not to have them. But there are more good points over STB which are better Idle/mpg/future/driveabilty hp potential etc.

My info comming from XE and N/A cosworth engine experience.

As you say it what the customer wants.

Not unfair comments really, I suppose there might be some minor torque to be had from better injector spray pattern

Andy

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Andy GDI said:
Not unfair comments really, I suppose there might be some minor torque to be had from better injector spray pattern

Andy

Thanks Andy, its unfortunate a few on here get all agreesive due to frustration of not knowing or being miss-informed.

I think its a good factual thread with good genuine input and no "off the cuff comments".

clio 200 F4Rt
will t/b's still pass MOT emission (with cat fitted obviously).

as that was hardest part on my saxo VTS on t/b's and omex. car only had mild cams and wouldnt pass an MOT for love nor money!!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
yes, with the correct mapping you can get through an MOT no problem...

with the car in closed loop it should breeze and MOT

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I'm not a fan of the adapter plates and bits needed to make them fit though. Ben waved his wand over my mk1 body and informed me that there were no real gains to be had from the etcc body over a slightly tweaked stock one.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
no you don't, its just sexy though!!

tim, yes £3750 ALL IN fitted (on a cup)

Lionel Richie
rmccardal said:
I'm not a fan of the adapter plates and bits needed to make them fit though. Ben waved his wand over my mk1 body and informed me that there were no real gains to be had from the etcc body over a slightly tweaked stock one.

ITB's or the single ETCC???

i assume you're on about the ETCC, it was purely a development idea, we tried it to see what would happen, it worked well IMO, but the costs involved to replacte it for a customer would be approaching ITB's

ITB's work better IMO in terms of a straight bolt on moddification if you get what i mean??