ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You've seen this, right?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/235560/stunning_new_clio_revealed.html

car_photo_307099_25.jpg

car_photo_307098_25.jpg

Renaultsport fans are seeing double this week! Not only is Auto Express the first magazine to put the restyled Clio Renaultsport 200 through its paces, but these exclusive pictures show how the all-new version of the sizzling hatch will shape up.
And if you are wondering how we can be so confident about the styling of the fourth-generation Clio, take a peek at the leaked images published in our French sister magazine Auto Plus. These pictures depict one of Renault’s styling models, and reveal exactly how the standard Clio will compare to its Renaultsport derivative.
Due to burst on to the scene in late 2011, the Clio RS promises to be not only faster and lighter than the car it replaces but, dressed up in full Renaultsport gear, the best-looking hot hatch on the market.
Renault’s aim for this machine is clear: it wants the car to be immediately recognisable at first glance, maintaining the everyday appeal of the standard model, yet adding a sportier edge to the styling.
Taking pride of place on the stubby bonnet is an oversize Renault badge, with swept-back headlights and larger air intakes giving the nose a friendlier appearance.
In profile, however, the current car’s simple styling is swapped for an intricate series of flowing creases, giving an impression of movement even when the model is stationary. A similar ‘flame-surfacing’ design language has been applied successfully by BMW for years, and now Renault appears to be using the technique to its own advantage.
Renaultsport specification slots 18-inch rims under the swollen wheelarches, plus adds a bulging bodykit and trademark rear diffuser, while a boot-lip spoiler and wide-set twin exhausts finish off the racy styling. There are shades of the Mazda 2 in the car’s profile – something that might be less of a coincidence than you would think.
Chief designer Patrick Le Quément is set to leave Renault at the end of this year, to make way for ex-Mazda man Laurens van den Acker. He is intent on ushering in a new era of design – and this is the car that points the way.
Under the bonnet, Renault will stick with its trusty 2.0-litre naturally aspirated engine – ensuring the classic high-octane driving experience is maintained. However, aside from an incremental power hike past the magical 200bhp mark, the main focus will be on improving fuel economy and reducing CO2 emissions.
The engineers’ aim is to achieve something approaching 40mpg on the combined cycle and CO2 emissions below 180g/km.
The fourth-generation Clio will sit on an all-new lightweight platform that is set to be even stronger and more capable than at present. As with the current car, two chassis options – Sport or Cup – will be offered.
The former will cater for those who want to maintain a degree of comfort and a full complement of kit, while the latter is for drivers prepared to put up with a bone-shaking ride as a trade-off for the full-fat driving experience.
Everything happens faster these days… The second-generation Clio appeared eight years after the first, then it was seven years before the third-generation model came along, and this all-new car is due in 2011 – a mere six years after the current one went on sale.
Price tags are set to start from £16,000 for the more basic but firmer Cup, while the heavier Sport chassis will weigh in closer to £17,500 – maintaining the Clio’s reputation for being a true performance bargain.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lol, AE and their mock ups !!

Yes, but apparently these are a design proposal for the new clio...

renault-clio-1.jpg

Not a million miles away are they?

Tbh i love the AE pics. If it looks anything like that i will be having one. I can save whilst all the goons buy the 200!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Thats mint looking! Wait for everybody on here to say its not as good looking as the 1*2!:quiet:

Kev, discount for 2?!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats mint looking! Wait for everybody on here to say its not as good looking as the 1*2!:quiet:

Kev, discount for 2?!

Yes, Reanult trade partner strings need to be pulled!!!

If it looks anything like that it will be mine, oh yes, it WILL be mine :cool:

Mondeo TDCI 130
Yes, Reanult trade partner strings need to be pulled!!!

If it looks anything like that it will be mine, oh yes, it WILL be mine :cool:

it is immense actually!! Reckon i could get a mint deal on a new motor aswell!! PS, i have your touch me up stick, and handle!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice but do you think they've been reading CS a bit?

The fourth-generation Clio will sit on an all-new lightweight platform that is set to be even stronger and more capable than at present. As with the current car, two chassis options – Sport or Cup – will be offered.

The former will cater for those who want to maintain a degree of comfort and a full complement of kit, while the latter is for drivers prepared to put up with a bone-shaking ride as a trade-off for the full-fat driving experience.

Does that make my 172 a 172FF:quiet:?:rasp:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I can't believe people are seriously believing Auto Express. More reliable if the pics were done by the Sun!

M135i
reminds me of the new Toyota IQ to be honest.

Also, it looks too small to be a new Clio though surely?

Size wise, it looks closer to being the replacement for the Twingo?

Does look quite tasty though to be fair.

I can't believe people are seriously believing Auto Express. More reliable if the pics were done by the Sun!

Take the new megane sport 250 change the headlights and get rid of the pish black bumper and you've got the new clio wish they'd ps something properly for once they couldn't even be bothered to change the position of the driving lights lol.

Absolutely. These 'pics' are clearly imaginary. Some artist has been asked to use the existing pic of the Clio IV, pump it up, make bits up, steal bits from other cars, and make an image that will sell the magazine. I very much doubt that the Renaultsport styling for this car has even been decided on yet, much less leaked to Autoexpress with 300mm section tyres front and rear.

Step away from the media.

GR7

Shiny red R32
A big improvement on looks!

I think this Clio looks heaps better than the current model.... which I think looks awful! ;)

car_photo_307098_25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  DCi
Re: A big improvement on looks!

i like it, although im not sure how the tyre molding into the diffuser is going to work :rasp: