ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Scariest/Most Frightening Gaming Moment

Goliath I
Taking a spin from the movie version in GC and with the Doom talk, I thought I'd start a gaming one.

So, what to your memory is the scariest moment of gaming that you can recall? With the likes of Doom, Silent Hill, Amnesia, Penumbra and even the recent Slender, there are plenty of opportunity for brown trousers time.

Mine was while playing The Thing (PS2). I was going through the station (or whatever it was). I don't even think I'd seen any of the the 'Things' and was on pins as I walked around the room, dead bodies and blood guts everywhere. Then, one of them walked past one of the window outside, big, ugly and f**king scary! I didn't know if he was coming for me or just circling the perimeter... I cowered behind a table for 10 minutes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350674573.168468.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
half life when DD5.1 was new to PC gaming and I hadnt experienced it properly yet! freaked my right out when I could here them crawling behind me (I was in a dark room with the light off).

Astra Twintop
Fear frightened the bejesus out of me.

Also a old pc game called "Shivers"

And one of the Resi games, when the Bandersnatch comes through the window!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Back in the days of PSX we were sat at a bus stop and there was a blank disc in a case labelled SH PSX. So naturally we took it home and tried it. It only turned out to be the original Silent Hill. Shat myself too many times that day.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Definitely Dead Space or Dead Space 2. Without doubt.

There's also a scene on Uncharted 2 where you're in a cave system and a shadow moves past you on the wall.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The horrible floor dwelling alien things in Duke Nukem 3D..

Playing that in the dark, headphones on, about 12 years old ..

scuttle scuttle ..... long pause............

FULLSCREENDEATHNOISESSSSSSS

*actual heart attack*

Goliath I
The only thing I remember from playing Duke Nukem 3d at the of 12 is 'You wanna dance, you wanna dance, shake it baby'

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Believe it or not - one of the WW2 COD/MoH games from years back. Sat in the dark, headphones on, listening intently for the sound of the German guards in this warehouse I was creeping about in. My ex-wife had been shouting for me to come downstairs and I simply hadn't heard her. She came upstairs, opened the door without putting the light on and grabbed me by the shoulder. I nearly shot through the friggin roof!

D.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't played that many scary games but when I first played Cold Fear it was pretty damn scary. Well, not hugely 'scary' but it would make you jump. First encounter with a Zombie is when it's sprinting at you with a cleaver. Great game tbh, may have to play it through again.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Silent hill was f**king horrible.
Also, I can't remember which one but the resident evil mentioned above when it crashes through the window.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
About the only game that has properly scared me, was Slender...

Dark room, headset on, volume up loud. I jumped out of my skin on a number of occasions.

It was promptly uninstalled..

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Cannot remember what game it was, Possibly UT, was REALLY high up on a custom map, and vertigo kicked in and had what felt like a panic attack! Was utterly mental.

RS Clio 182
Dead space probably the scariest game ive played - amazing atmosphere in that.

The original Resident Evil,when the dog jumps through the window near the start.

Alien Trilogy on the PS1 - the 'hosts' pinned up on the wall whispering 'Help Me'.

Half Life 2 - 'We dont go to Ravenholme'.

The original Doom - first time i heard the pig/dog things in the distance,then they run at you.

And of course Silent Hill.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Resident Evil 3. Where Nemisis just appears through the window. f**k me. I remember both myself and my brother both jumping like mad at that and turning the playstation off!

I've never played anything like Slender though. Jesus. That's creepy as f**k!

Nothing at the mo :(
Silent hill was f**king horrible.
Also, I can't remember which one but the resident evil mentioned above when it crashes through the window.
Exactly the same thing i was going to say

Its Resi 1.. pretty much 10 mins into the game and dogs jump through the window.. i remember shiting my pants, removing the game and never palying it again lol

Ph2 172 Flamer
Resident Evil 3. Where Nemisis just appears through the window. f**k me. I remember both myself and my brother both jumping like mad at that and turning the playstation off!

I've never played anything like Slender though. Jesus. That's creepy as f**k!

Same here, I used to hate the Nemisis, lived in fear the entire game of him jumping out at me.
I used to have my grenade launcher with acid grenades out ready just incase he appeared!

Evo 8 MR
The original FEAR, some parts of DOOM 3 and the original Silent Hill.

Best one would have to be Resident Evil 2, I was playing Leon's B scenario with a mate on his duff tv which had no sound back in the day when I was about 10/11. As we went through the corridor via the chiefs office we went round the corner only to be greeted to our horror by the tyrant. If we would have had sound we would have heard the audio cue as we entered, I think that's the biggest fright I've had playing a game. We both screamed with such horror that my friends mum came running upstairs to see if we were okay.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl for me, walking round in the pitch black with mutant beings running around in the shadows. i was definetly wrong to play it with the lights off

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Slender. Got to 5 notes, turned around. He was there. Jumped off my chair and slammed laptop closed. Lol. Such a simple game but f***s you up big time.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Slender is bad.

Agree with the dogs through the windows on Resi as well!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Slender. Got to 5 notes, turned around. He was there. Jumped off my chair and slammed laptop closed. Lol. Such a simple game but f**ks you up big time.

Slender is bad.

Agree with the dogs through the windows on Resi as well!

Ok, I just watched a few youtube videos of slender, and it dosnt look scary at all. Watched a few reaction videos, they all seem all over the top. So downloaded the game, and what do you know, scared me shitless - and now never going to be able to go out in the dark again! Thanks. lol. Who would have thought something so simple could make you feel such strong emotions?! crazy!

For those who havent played, its a free game availible for download.

Monaco 172 Ph2
Has to be F.E.A.R !!

Especially near the beginning where you turn to go down some ladders and the girl just flashes right in front of you,

OMFG I absolutely shat myself !!

Also back in the day when I was a kid and got a sega saturn with Alien Trilogy (back in the day when I was about 12) as I was young that kinda freaked me out LOL

LY R26
The dogs jumping through the windows on resi 1, and on Unreal where the lights turn off in the corridor and that skaaj dude comes after you. oh and doom on the ps1, bit more freaky then the pc version is it had creepy ambient music instead of the thrash metal on the pc version.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ok, I just watched a few youtube videos of slender, and it dosnt look scary at all. Watched a few reaction videos, they all seem all over the top. So downloaded the game, and what do you know, scared me s**tless - and now never going to be able to go out in the dark again! Thanks. lol. Who would have thought something so simple could make you feel such strong emotions?! crazy!

For those who havent played, its a free game availible for download.

Its the audio that makes the game IMO. Play it on mute and it would be easy! I remember looking in the bathroom for the 6th note and was too scared to look around the corner lol.

Monaco 172 Ph2
Slender is quite a creepy game but them vids of peoples reactions on youtube are just well over the top IMO

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Its the audio that makes the game IMO. Play it on mute and it would be easy! I remember looking in the bathroom for the 6th note and was too scared to look around the corner lol.

Hideous building!

Aliens vs Predator used to s**t me up. Marine campaign never got played lol.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Doom 3. Proper s**t me up.

Also resident evil on the ps1. Probably one of my best gaming experiences overall though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I don't think the slender vids are genuinely over the top, I'm glad no one had a camera on me when I played it :eek:

Clio
Serous Sam ! Blokes would run at you screaming ok when there's one or two

but around 300 in the last level at 1.00 am in a dark room :eek:

Clio 182
Not a scary game but on the PC the game black and white, for one part of the game a female just whispers the words DEATH.... DEATH...... in the background Gave me nightmares for weeks!

DB.

BMW 440i
I hate horror films etc and get scared at those, but never been scared with a game.

Killing all the innocent people in the airport on Call of Duty MW2 was a bit creepy

F82 M4
The first time you encounter Lisa Trevor on REmake. My heart was throbbing!

Last edited by a moderator: