ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your bought and current mileage

3000GT & RB 182
New member, looking for a blue 182, and was just curious at what milage you've bought your cliosport, and what it stands at now.

I've had a variety of Jap cars over the years, and bought some with high milage but wasn't too worried about it, but i'm not sure at what sort of milage i should start walking away from a 182...

clio 182 black /gold
I bought mine with 9 miles on and now just over 9 years later it is 65500ish. I hope you find the right car. There is plenty out there. Just dont rush in to the 1st one you see. :). Oh and welcome to the club.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was new (though it did say 7 miles on the clock ;)) and I'm now North of 120k.

Get's anything and everything it needs comes servicing time - brakes, tyres, clutches, cambelts, oils, you name it. Coming from a Jap background, you'll appreciate that more miles but more servicing is worth a hell of a lot more than half that mileage and having never seen a spanner in its life. :)

Whichever one you look at, 182's are approaching that decade-old benchmark. I'd want to see receipts....... lots of receipts.

D.

320d
To be fair I wouldn't be massively worried out mileage. There is nothing that will cost more than around £ 1,000 to fix and that would only be if your engine catastrophically failed.

3000GT & RB 182
I've seen a few for sale with like 130.000 - 140.000 miles and was wondering if I should avoid them or just check if they've been serviced well and ignore the mileage.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've seen a few for sale with like 130.000 - 140.000 miles and was wondering if I should avoid them or just check if they've been serviced well and ignore the mileage.

Buy on condition/ service history rather than mileage.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Brought my old 182 on 52k (was only 3 yrs old) wrote it off on 99980

Current cup brought on 49k over 2 years ago. Now on 54k

RB Clio 182
I bought mine with 9 miles on and now just over 9 years later it is 65500ish. I hope you find the right car. There is plenty out there. Just dont rush in to the 1st one you see. :). Oh and welcome to the club.

Bought mine on 31-10-12 with 48,800 miles, mine is also on 65,500 miles :)

M2 Comp
Bought mine in July last year and it had done 87,000 miles, it's just about to tick over 98,000.

It's all about buying one that has been regularly serviced and maintained properly.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Bought my 182 New in February 2006 , with 8 miles on the clock . Now on 49k .

BG V6, LY 182
39200, 10 month later, 40100

oh and 400 was done in one day. Maybe I should stop looking at it and drive it.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I thought you sold you cup a year or two ago?

Nope, still got it 1 Gearbox and 1 Brand new engine later it's still here (well... Still with S&MWM having a few niggles looked at).

It won't ever be sold.

84,000 - 86,000. Bought with minimal history, but have very quickly built up quite a pile of receipts. Got my cam belt done as soon as I bought it as there was no history. Got it done by a mechanic friend so no proof of them done , only the old parts. I'm guessing this will put a lot of people off it but I'm not too worried, I know it's right.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
63,000 miles when I bought her in 2 years ago on Saturday.. 74,000 miles now - The OH has done most of those too!

Need to use it more. :(

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Bought it Brand new Sept 2002 3 miles on clock

Now done 81117 miles (and can't fault it ) I have complete total service history every tax disc and mot and every reciept for every penny spent !

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
got my 172 on 72k 5 years ago some one crashed into me at 130k and its just been written off. was such a good car gutted