ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You don't realise how much...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
You rely on having a car until you don't have one for a few days!

Dropped the Cup off to Mike at MWM on Wednesday night for a few bits to be done, it's reminded me of the feeling of being a kid at Xmas waiting for Xmas morning lol

Itching to get the car back now, thankfully I think I got all my Xmas bits done before dropping the car off, otherwise I'm going to have to work out how to use a bus and mingle with the great unwashed!

172 Cup
Ive just got my car back from Spray shack &it was there for nearly 2 weeks without in & it was horrible. Id rather walk or stay in than catch the bus these days.

BMW 330D
Ive been a few days without a car recently and its horrible. Had to use tramps transport for a bit, made me ill.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Spend over 2 months earlier in the year car-less whilst it had issues with the gearbox.

Hopefully what it's in for now will bring the loose ends together in the car until summer.

On the upside it sort of passed its MOT Wednesday morning, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Last edited:
  Rusty Cup
I totally agree!! if your not used to getting around without a car its a complete nightmare when you suddenly find yourself transportless.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Well picking it up tomorrow at mid day so hopefully no need to work out the bus system.

Unfortunately the car will have to go back at some point in the near future :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Was that your one that was down there for a de-cat etc J, if so its looking well. :)

We've just got an RS2 for our 172 to fit when I get a chance, so I was poking my head around under your bonnet to see how its all meant to go.

Going back at a later date for the remap I take it? As not exactly easy getting rolling road time at this time of year I would imagine!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Was that your one that was down there for a de-cat etc J, if so its looking well. :)

We've just got an RS2 for our 172 to fit when I get a chance, so I was poking my head around under your bonnet to see how its all meant to go.

Going back at a later date for the remap I take it? As not exactly easy getting rolling road time at this time of year I would imagine!

That's the one mate, feel free to have a poke about more than welcome.

I think Mike has been let down a bit, had a slot booked for 11am and arrived to find it like a ghost town.

These things happen, will sort it out in the new year :) it's (the mapping) already paid up with James from Stone Automotive bar a small payment to Mike to settle up so just a case of getting it in!

Hoping the Decat is on, god knows what it will sound like, I measured the noise in the cabin on the way down to MWM at 100db at 70mph lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's the one mate, feel free to have a poke about more than welcome.

I think Mike has been let down a bit, had a slot booked for 11am and arrived to find it like a ghost town.

These things happen, will sort it out in the new year :)

Had the same happen to my mrs last week, she booked in for a slot but then the rolling road operator had to go and take his kid to the doctors or something so they cancelled on here and she had to go back this week.
Got 169bhp as her before figure, so hopefully see 180+ with the RS2 on and a remap.

I'm down in somerset till the new year now mate.
Let me know when you are going to pick it up though, might be excuse for a pint and a bit of grub somewhere as I work only about 5 miles away from Mike's place at the moment which is why I sometimes pop over there on my lunchbreak to say hi.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Had the same happen to my mrs last week, she booked in for a slot but then the rolling road operator had to go and take his kid to the doctors or something so they cancelled on here and she had to go back this week.
Got 169bhp as her before figure, so hopefully see 180+ with the RS2 on and a remap.

I'm down in somerset till the new year now mate.
Let me know when you are going to pick it up though, might be excuse for a pint and a bit of grub somewhere as I work only about 5 miles away from Mike's place at the moment which is why I sometimes pop over there on my lunchbreak to say hi.

Picking it up tomorrow and will rebook it for the new year.

I'll let you know when it goes back in, a quick Pint and some grub sounds like a plan.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The mrs cracked on today and hers is rs2'd now.

Waiting on a couple of bits stone automotive were out of stock of for the coilpack mount but she got the rest done.

Must say I wouldn't have bothered in the bad weather but she chucked a tarp up as she couldnt get in the garages as my cars were in there.

85adf075.jpg

Dedication that is, lol

172 Cup
Its sh*t when you dont have your car i agree, makes you realise passing your test/getting a car was the best thing you ever done lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd love a mrs that was into automotive as much as I was.

Has ups and downs, its great having someone who actually wants to work on the cars with me, its bad when I end up only getting a couple of sessions in on a trackday cause she's using the car more than me.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The mrs cracked on today and hers is rs2'd now.

Waiting on a couple of bits stone automotive were out of stock of for the coilpack mount but she got the rest done.

Must say I wouldn't have bothered in the bad weather but she chucked a tarp up as she couldnt get in the garages as my cars were in there.

85adf075.jpg

Dedication that is, lol

Nice one, noise is addictive and the way it drives is really nice with the RS2.

Even before mapping!

Saw Porkies cup down there, noise that it makes is awesome!

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
Yes mate, that's mine, go her back now and she is loud with the Decat fitted lol

1 of the best things i did when i got mine. easier to driver low down as the throttle response is so much better dont you think?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
1 of the best things i did when i got mine. easier to driver low down as the throttle response is so much better dont you think?

I had a sport CAT on before so not noticed as much as I probably would have had I gone straight from standard to Decat. There does seem to be a small change in the drive of the car with revs seeming to pick up marginally faster.

The major change is the noise, I'm running a K-tec supersport stealth (no centre box) with the Decat now so it's straight through from the 182 manifold I have fitted to rear box.

With the Sport CAT it measured 100db at 70mph in the cabin, should think its well over this now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Had a drive of it yesterday with the RS2 but we havent mapped it yet so obviously it must be leaning out at the top end on the standard map as obviously it cant see the extra airflow. Havent stuck the wideband on it yet to see how much by though.

Should be good once its mapped.

Nice change in engine note too.

Really nice quality bit of kit, quite impressed TBH at how well designed it is in terms of fitting in so easily in the bay etc.