ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes Sir, Yes Sir.. 4 Arches Full...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  DCi 100
From what it seems I've had the same deal with the wheels, bought a set of turini's with 2 tires with 3/4mm on them, 2 pretty much nackered.

All 4 were done with, one tire had a slip lip over the limit but I wasn't putting that on my car. Getting a full new set of T1R's was a bite in the man parts, I even wish I'd go for different tires lol! Lessons learnt, I know I'll always hate buying wheels with tires on from now on now tbh.

Car looks reet, best of luck with it. :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've read they dont last long due the the brake dust.

I was going to try some blue ones but do you think thats a bit overkill?

If you wash your car once a week I can't see why they wouldn't last, mine are fine, for a few quid why not try?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
haha yeah i sold them, got them checked and tyre company said there were miles left on them. Delivered them FOC from Co Durham to Coventry and did offer to collect them FOC if Curley wasnt happy with them.

Its a long story but i am glad Curley is now happy

:)

I think you need to change tyre companies!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Sorry for the late reply on my behalf, was my birthday yesterday so been a little busy.

I feel this thread has got a bit out of hand in terms of throwing things about ie "he is a f**king liar" which i feel is a bit strong in the circumstances.

Ill start at the beginning :)

14-03-2010 - First contact
Curley PM's me asking about the alloys as Bazzon gave him a tipoff that i was going to be selling mine in the near future and he asked for first dibs (i had not yet posted them for sale on here as they were still on the car). Curley asks what tread the tyres have. With me going to university and living in Newcastle it was not possible for me to give Curley an accurate answer in terms of how much tread the tyres had left on them. This was probably a bit silly of me really but i guessed how much tread was left on them as i bought them near enough the same time as Adrian so guessed using the knowledge how much tread he had on his set and how much i had last time i checked. I also took them to a local tyre spot to ask a month or so previous and they said that they still had miles left on them (around 200-300 miles done before the sale) So i sent Curley a PM:

yeah got the PM mate. Im back at uni now so will have to get someone to check tyre depth for you.

think its around 3-4mm on two and 4-5mm on the other two.

Carl

We then agree'd a price on my guessed tyre depths (note i had not measured them at this point)

I did try and get my mum to check the depths but shes useless at anything involving cars and my dad is in a wheelchair so couldn't get him to check them.

15-03-2010/16-03-2010 - Delivery talk + deal changes
With a price agreed i arranged with Bazzon to take them down to coventry next time he went back to uni (i said next weekend which would have been this weekend) i PM'd Curley to inform him that adrian would be bringing them down for him (free of charge ofcourse). I would remove the alloys on Saturday and check condition etc during the week as i would be back from uni for the week.

I guess next week will do :( lol

Im guessing you have locking wheel nuts.. Any chance you can throw these in with the sale? My key disintegrated a few months back so cant use mine.

Liam

I could tell by this PM that Curley was not happy waiting for the wheels so i arranged with a courier who works with my dad to delivery the wheels that monday aslong as i got the wheels to him early sunday. I gave Curley the choice of either them being delivered to his door or he could pick them up from a local depot. Curley choose to have them delivered to his door. I also told Curley that i would see if i could find some locking wheel nuts for him (baring in mind that it wasnt part of the deal)

So by this point i still had no mentioned an accurate of tyre depths just my guess based on my brothers tyres and when i checked them a month or so before (got pictures at that point and still looking for them). Had arranged a quicker delivery for Curley to help him get them quicker, addresses had been swapped and the wheels were set to be delivered on Monday at midday. Curley mentioned that he wouldn't be there but his dad would be there (if i was buying wheels i would want to see them myself before handing over any money)

20-03-2010/21-03-2010 - Wheels removed and deal changes again
So i removed the wheels late saturday night in the rain on my drive so i could clean them up on sunday morning and give them to the courier. I normally would have done it on the saturday night but it was 9 o'clock by the time i had got in from detailing my new car (11 hours hard graft). Got up at 6 on sunday morning before work so i could clean the wheels. I noticed at this point that the tyres were not the 3-4mm i guessed but they were still legal. So now i had the choice i could call the whole thing off and PM Curley or i could drop them off at courier (had to be to him before 8 on sunday morning) and see if Curley still wanted them when they got there. Decided to go for the latter (bad decision in the light of things but i wasn't too bothered if he didn't want them as i already had a few people offering to buy them but i still wanted to give him first dibs) So the wheels got delivered to the courier on sunday morning and off i went to work. While at work i got a phone call from my dad saying i had a PM on Cliosport from Curley saying that he couldn't get the money together for the wheels so would i settle for a £25 reduction in the price. I agreed to reduce the wheels to help Curley even though i had been offered more for the wheels than the agreed price by somebody else.

22-03-2010 - Wheels delivered and an unhappy Curley
The wheels and locking wheel nuts were delivered to Curley's house at midday on the monday and taken in by his dad and the money was handed over (£25 less than first agreed).

I then received a PM by Curley at 16:11 saying that he was not happy with the tread. I was ok with this and agreed that i would send the courier back over to collect the wheels if he was not happy. Curley was not happy with this and wanted more money knocked off them. I was not happy with this so once again i said i didn't mind and i would get the courier to collect them the next day and give him a full re-fund as at the end of the day im not here to rip anyone off and if he wasn't happy he could have his money back. Curley would not have this and insisted that i gave him some of the money back. I then gave him the ultimatum of either keeping the wheels or i would collect them. And as you can see from the thread he decided to keep them. I was not happy refunding any of the money as i could get the alloys collected and then sell them for the original agreed price to somebody else and he already had a reduction in the price from the original agreed price.

So thats it from my point of view :)

I did do a few things wrong in the deal
- Guess tyre depths
- Over exadurate how many miles i would have got on the tread remaining ("if i kept my clio i would have used them tyres for a few more thousand miles.") no i wouldn't tbh.
- Arrange to deliver them quicker than planned instead of getting the wheels ready for sale.

But i did give Curley:
- First dibs on some very sought after alloys before advertising them.
- free locking wheel nuts after agreed deal
- knocked £25 off to help him as he couldn't get the money together
- free delivery of alloys
- arranged very quick delivery rather than making him wait

Anyone who has met me, even dealt with me im sure they will clarify that im not in it to rip anyone off. If i buy/sell anything i try my hardest to make the deal as easy/quick as possible.

I hope Curley is now happy with the wheels as they look very well on the car :)

Carl Barron

alien green rs133
f**king hell, selling dodgey wheels as not discribed is well not on carl.

get your act together.

:rasp:

200 Gordini
Barron.. You wasted your time writing that. Why have you gone all defensive telling people about things that have nothing to do with you telling me there was 3-4mm left on the tires.. you even told me you had pictures with a depth gauge showing 3-4mm LMAO!! You're still a liar.

You didnt get them sent any quicker, you told me Monday to which i replied ''I guess i'll have to wait then :( lol'' (even though this was jokingly) like you have shown above but the wheels still came on the same day you said :S

I had the money in paypal waiting but you decided to tell me you wanted cash at the last minute. So i'm trying to run around getting money together for the next day! This is why i was £25 short.

I said i was grateful for the £25 discount because you decided you wanted cash on collection and the locking wheel nuts but it was you acting the arse when i told you about the tires.

YOU LIED TO GET THE SALE! Simple really.

I wonder what you told the other interested buyers when they asked about tread depth. Did you just take me for a dickhead or did you lie to them to?

NOW, stop lying to me and everyone else or this thread will probably end up locked!

Perfect, maybe my favourite 182 on here.

:eek:. Arches always clean for you x

how do you find the top mounts?

Not had a chance to really test them, couple of days after i had them fitted my CV boot split.

The time i had with them i noticed the steering had sharpened up and it was easier to control yourself in the corners.

Arches full...of what? Air!!

:slap:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Barron.. You wasted your time writing that. Why have you gone all defensive telling people about things that have nothing to do with you telling me there was 3-4mm left on the tires.. you even told me you had pictures with a depth gauge showing 3-4mm LMAO!! You're still a liar.

You didnt get them sent any quicker, you told me Monday to which i replied ''I guess i'll have to wait then :( lol'' (even though this was jokingly) like you have shown above but the wheels still came on the same day you said :S

I had the money in paypal waiting but you decided to tell me you wanted cash at the last minute. So i'm trying to run around getting money together for the next day! This is why i was £25 short.

I said i was grateful for the £25 discount because you decided you wanted cash on collection and the locking wheel nuts but it was you acting the arse when i told you about the tires.

YOU LIED TO GET THE SALE! Simple really.

I wonder what you told the other interested buyers when they asked about tread depth. Did you just take me for a dickhead or did you lie to them to?

NOW, stop lying to me and everyone else or this thread will probably end up locked!

No thats where your wrong, all of that is relevant as its all to do with the sale of the wheels.

I do have a picture somewhere of a tread gauge in the tyres as i was proving a point to bazzon about the depth on our tyres.

Want me to re-quote what i said?

yeah got the PM mate. Im back at uni now so will have to get someone to check tyre depth for you.

think its around 3-4mm on two and 4-5mm on the other two.

Carl
thats me saying i think, think being the keyword here.

in terms of delivery date, i said you would get the wheels sometime in the next week. You did not say that after i said monday, i still have all PM's saved.

Cash on collection is pretty standard stuff to be honest considering you knew all along i was going to get someone i knew to drop them off.

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
oh and i did not waste my time writing that. I take pride in trying to be helpful and being an active/useful member of the club. So this sort of thing annoys me as i dont like black marks against my name for no reason.

200 Gordini
oh and i did not waste my time writing that. I take pride in trying to be helpful and being an active/useful member of the club. So this sort of thing annoys me as i dont like black marks against my name for no reason.

Oh god...

ME:
carl, I promise you the second picture is showing the illegal tyre!

I want the wheels but I'm just a bit pissed because you have told me 2 of the lowest tread tires had 3-4mm but even the legal one is on the border of illegal.. Not the 3-4mm you said.

YOU:
Im not sending someone round just to look at a set of tyres which i looked at yesterday morning. When i washed them yesterday i used a tyre depth gauge and they all left me legal

Someone rolled them around for a few thousands miles did they? LOL!

Two of them are not illegal
Your perception of fine must be different to mine then as if i kept my clio i would have used them tyres for a few more thousand miles.

Im happy with the wheels.. Not your lies. You're a liar.. Fact. Stop posting now you're boring me to death.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Oh god...

ME:

YOU:

Someone rolled them around for a few thousands miles did they? LOL!

Im happy with the wheels.. Not your lies. You're a liar.. Fact. Stop posting now you're boring me to death.

As said they are Legal, thats all i said. I understand that they are under 3mm. I never said they were 3mm once i had seen them on the sunday morning. I did say they were Legal though, which they are. Taking my guess of 3mm and trying to turn it into something is not right and making you look like a cowboy trying to scrounge money back.

Yeah i was wrong saying i could have got a few thousand out of them, i said that in the previous post.

And no i will not stop posting as im not happy with things being said which are not true.

Carl

Clio
under 3mm = illegal the surely unless its like 0.000001 under 3mm...

can you guys take youre debate somewhere else or this thread will get locked and its a shame because the car looks lovely

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

can you guys take youre debate somewhere else or this thread will get locked and its a shame because the car looks lovely

The legal minimum tread depth of the main grooves of car and similar tyres in the United Kingdom and the European Community is 1.6mm. This applies across the central three quarters of the breadth of tread and round the entire outer circumference of the tyre.

Taken from checkthatcar.com
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

200 Gordini
As said they are Legal, thats all i said. I understand that they are under 3mm. I never said they were 3mm once i had seen them on the sunday morning. I did say they were Legal though, which they are. Taking my guess of 3mm and trying to turn it into something is not right and making you look like a cowboy trying to scrounge money back.

Yeah i was wrong saying i could have got a few thousand out of them, i said that in the previous post.

And no i will not stop posting as im not happy with things being said which are not true.

Carl

399a045e.jpg

Now piss off

Clio
2mm or less is illegal, never said 3mm is illegal, I said surely under 3mm is illegal, so NO, YOU LEARN TO READ BEFORE YOU START TRYING TO BE CLEVER.

200 Gordini

It is 1.6mm but the tires are still under that lol

Thank you and i hope it isnt locked ;)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Thanks for that carl but as far as I was concerned 2mm or under was illegal

hehe no worries mate. Apologies for Bazzon's out burst there lol

Random but how are you anyway? havent spoken to you in ages! how come you've come back to clio ownership?

200 Gordini

Random but how are you anyway? havent spoken to you in ages! how come you've come back to clio ownership?

Save your arse licking for MSN or PMs thank you!

Back on topic.. I <3 Turinis

Clio

only just got round to renewing my membership, pissed of with my clio atm lol... so many electrical problems, piece of french crap i feel like throwing it in the bin and getting something german that aint made out of cheese and baguettes screwed togeather by a guy drinking wine

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
only just got round to renewing my membership, pissed of with my clio atm lol... so many electrical problems, piece of french crap i feel like throwing it in the bin and getting something german that aint made out of cheese and baguettes screwed togeather by a guy drinking wine

ha still got that 1.6 then? had yellow detailing last time i remmember

200 Gordini
So? Ask anyone from that thread and they'll tell you they were happy with the way it ended.. shame the same cant be said about you.

Now, Goddbye

Cooksport Fleet
Not all wear indicators on tyres are 1.6mm (well thats what i read).

The first picture of the tyre, is on the wear mark.

The second picture, that tyre is legal (make a nice pair of rear tyres)

Pictures of the other 2 tyres?

Granted, maybe could have been a little more truthful with the depths... but christ chill out... he offered to take them back... if your that bothered then let him...otherwise just keep quiet about it.

200 Gordini

Granted, maybe could have been a little more truthful with the depths... but christ chill out... he offered to take them back... if your that bothered then let him...otherwise just keep quiet about it.

Yeah bald tires on the rear is a great idea and if you read through the thread I've told him to stop going on numerous occasions.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

exactly mate. I got about 4/5 PM's from him moaning asking for money off when i clearly stated that i would collect them within a day at no cost.

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.