ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yanoo gear shifter or pms

Recaro'd 182
What are people thoughts on the yahoo shifter or the pms one.

Also where do you purchase the yahoo shifter?

Thanks,
Mark

172 Cup
I have recently fitted the yanoo stiff shift kit and am really impressed with it. Quick and easy enough to fit, thumbs up from me. Pm yanoo on here to get more info and prices.

Based on what people have said, I'd say the PMS is great for track but the rattles are too much for a daily. Not tried one myself though.

The Yanoo kit is a great setup and works well on the road with no compromises. Probably couldn't own another Clio without one.

CLIO 182
PMS is priceless I've used both and there is no comparison the engineering is second to none on the PMS and isn't a "short" throw shifter so doesn't rush the syncros but gives solid precise gear changes. I use mine everyday on the road and on track. Can't fault it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PMS is priceless I've used both and there is no comparison the engineering is second to none on the PMS and isn't a "short" throw shifter so doesn't rush the syncros but gives solid precise gear changes. I use mine everyday on the road and on track. Can't fault it!

Ive tried both, and I dont think there is any difference other than the length of the lever and hence the lever location, both completely remove the play while not shortening the throw.

Are you sure it was a yanoo kit that you used? As it doesnt sound like it. Maybe it was a B&M one (which does shorten the throw a bit)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ive tried both, and I dont think there is any difference other than the length of the lever and hence the lever location, both completely remove the play while not shortening the throw.

Are you sure it was a yanoo kit that you used? As it doesnt sound like it. Maybe it was a B&M one (which does shorten the throw a bit)

Everyone loves length.

Snigger.

CLIO 182

Hey up mate,

Tbh I couldn't be a 100% it was, as I didn't fit it, was just told that its what was on the car. If the yanoo kit doesn't shorten the throw I've been mis informed somewhere, I don't know much about them.

The PMS I do on the other hand, and I love it :rasp:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Everyone loves length.

Snigger.

Lol

Its certianly the one thing about the pure kit that makes it undeniably better in that respect than any other.
Less distance from wheel to shifter is only ever a good thing IME

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hey up mate,

Tbh I couldn't be a 100% it was, as I didn't fit it, was just told that its what was on the car. If the yanoo kit doesn't shorten the throw I've been mis informed somewhere, I don't know much about them.

The PMS I do on the other hand, and I love it :rasp:

Maybe there is more than one yanoo kit. Certainly at least some of them dont shorten the throw, but maybe others do.

CLIO 182
Maybe there is more than one yanoo kit. Certainly at least some of them dont shorten the throw, but maybe others do.

I honestly wouldn't know could have been one of the eBay £20 specials for all I know haha it did feel pretty precise I must admit tho just felt shorter throw in comp with the PMS maybe the extra length was just deceiving and I was told the short throw ones can rush the gears when going though em quickly which can be detrimental?

Preservation is important in my eyes for these already potentially sensitive boxes lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah anything that shortens the throw can make it easier for you to beat the synchros.

Ive got a B&M shortshift on my Mk1 and I love it but I am always careful not to rush moving the sychros with it, so I move the stick slightly slower than on the 182 or my turbo which are standards shifters.

I've got a scenic shift (longer) with a yanno kit and burpspeed mod to bring it back toward the driver. neil a had it on his track car and said it worked well, fitting it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

172 Cup
The yanno kit i have replaces the ball joint housing, it completly eliminates all play in the lever and is stiffness adjustable. Also replaced the lower gear stick bushes with brass ones.

Recaro'd 182
thanks for all the comments.

Does the yanoo kit basically replace the oem ball bit or is there more to it than that? or can you get different variants of the kit. Ill pm yahoo thanks.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Tom
Ive actually sold the megane/yanoo shifter and switched to the PMS. If i used my car on the road I would of probably stuck with the magane one as it looks factory and gives a nice shift, but the PMS is more direct but is a track designed part so you get the motorsport noises with it .

BG182ff,explod Focus
I've got a scenic shift (longer) with a yanno kit and burpspeed mod to bring it back toward the driver. neil a had it on his track car and said it worked well, fitting it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

@neil a has the yanoo stuff with a megane shifter which is taller (closer to the wheel)

Does the longer shifter come from only the Scenic version or are they longer in the normal Megan too? And which model/year?

Was chatting with Yanoo about the Fast Road Shifter kit with the longer arm but he says he won't have any for 8 weeks. He said it is +35 mm longer above the gear stick ball than the Clio one.
Would anyone know the length of the Scenic shifter as it may be possible to put together a cheaper FRS kit if they are similar lengths.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I also have a yanoo shifer kit with a shorter linkage. Been on the car a few years now. The pms kit looks very good though

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Here is the megane shifter next to a standard one.

1369693028.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
This was it fitted and sitting in 1st gear, shortened the rod at the gearbox end to bring the stick back.

1369747807.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would be perfect for lesley in her 182 as she doesnt want it to look all "because racecar"

What years/models do I need to look for?

182cup & 172 racecar
Jack car up, mark with a pen along the side where the two pieces meet, undo 13mm nut, pull out shaft and you should be left with about 6 inches of rod.

Cut about 10-15mm off this piece and connect back up, the gear lever will now be more inclined back towards you, if it's not enough, then cut a little more off.

Been discussed many times on here.

172 Cup
Big old bump!! Does the scenic shifter also give a longer throw (hence the need for the yanoo kit)? Or is the yanoo kit to stiffen it all up nicely aswel!