ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 surround speaker setup

Monaco 172
how does everyone do it?

im looking at logitech speakers and they apparently dont give 5.1 all the time. not entirely needed but would be nice.

id quite like not to need an amp just a set of speakers that are plug and play!¬

thanks!

Monaco 172
a better way of putting it would be how do you get the sound output on a 360? i cant see anywhere for it and im using HDMI and you cant put the other connector in for the RCA leads!

i do have a dvd player but theres no inputs for it either

Audi S1
I think with HDMI you need an Optical cable.

The way I do mine, plug the xbox in as componnant then the composite audio cable goes into my surround sound (red and white cables) Not as much base as the Optical cable will provide but its enough!

The way I do mine, plug the xbox in as componnant then the composite audio cable goes into my surround sound (red and white cables) Not as much base as the Optical cable will provide but its enough!

Doesnt that = lesser quality?

Revels Mum & Sister
As above you can either buy the HDMI cable with Optical or get a VGA/Component lead and take the plastic casing off, plug HDMI in below and the decased lead with the Optical lead plugged in.

I had a spare one lieing around and begrudge paying Microshaft silly cash for their lead.

As Ian said you need to use the Optical if you want 5.1. The way Ronnie has done will not give you 5.1.

Thats Dolby Pro-Logic.

Dolby Digital 5.1 needs ot be a digital connection wither Co-axial or optical.

optical will not affect bass output in the slightest

using the phono outputs you get the 5.1 soundtrack down mixed into 2 channels
using optical and connected to a 5.1 amp you will receive 5 discreet channels instead they will sound all but the same

trust me its your speakers that make bass not the cable ;) tbh your most probably referring to mid bass anyway

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Just get a surround system that allows HDMI pass through. I have a samsung 6.1 system, both xbox, sky hd and PS3 go into the amp via HDMI, and then the amp takes one HDMI to the TV....sound quality is immense, and brilliant for gaming as you can hear peoples footsteps in relation to where you are...

Monaco 172
next questions then...

which speakers? not overly expensive if possible and..
whats this optical hdmi jobby?

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah that is it. However see my link you get the Adapter and the HDMI cable for less than that on its own!

All this optical talk really confuses me!

I have a dvd surround sound. This is connected to the tele by HDMI. I was assuming that was good quality.

For the xbox, I have a HDMI connected the xbox to the tele, and then a phono lead in the tele, with the other end going into the headphone socket of my surround sound. So to get sound from the tele/xbox, I need to change the output of the dvd player to 'audio'.

What am I doing wrong then :D

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
doing it that way means you are only getting stereo output and no dolby 5.1... which kinda defeats the purpose