ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 lasted 10mins..

just got my xbox 360 today from play.com..

plugged it in, set it up. 10 mins into project gotham racing 3, screen goes black, fan stops spinning, everything goes silent

green LED on power button stays on but nothing will work

unplug it from wall and lug it back in.. nothing

power supply is still lighting orange?

arse!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
christ, write to guiness world records lol probably get in.

Do you phone play for refund or MS to swap it. Never heard of this.

BMW F31
have you tried unplugging it and leaving it to rest for a bit.

also where have you got it positioned?

is it enclosed?

Lee

BMW M2C
That's odd. If the PSU is dead it has no light, or sometimes a red light. If the console has issues it usually has flashing red lights.

its just on a shelf, its in no way restricted of air!

unplugge dit for ages and no luck..

rang u play and they will collect on monday, take it back to their workshop, test it, and send out another one

im ringing microsoft direct!

Yaris Hybrid
Very weird. I'd try unplugging absolutely everything and connecting it all back up again.

Otherwise unlucky, very rare failure.

Fabia vRS
just got my xbox 360 today from play.com..

plugged it in, set it up. 10 mins into project gotham racing 3, screen goes black, fan stops spinning, everything goes silent

green LED on power button stays on but nothing will work

unplug it from wall and lug it back in.. nothing

power supply is still lighting orange?

arse!!

you exceeded the maximum rating on the gay-o-meter.

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol thats unlucky. yeah I'd ring MS direct aswell, they might just send you a new one them selves.

Clio 172mk2
well if the consoles been stood overnight / weekend in a warehouse itll have probobly got cold, and since uve prolly plugged it straight into play it`ll have nackard it . can happen with loads of electrical stuff. some even give u warnings on the intrusctions to leave it xx hrs to get to room temp

laid down..

its been in the house all day mate at room temp.. ive only just got home and plugged in

microsoft are collecting it.. will be quicker than play..

dk

911 GTS Cab
laid down..

its been in the house all day mate at room temp.. ive only just got home and plugged in

microsoft take about a week and a half to 2 weeks, console has to make its way to germany by boat before its looked at, then they send you a reconditioned one from portsmouth, if i was you i would DOA it with Play and get them to send a new one out straight away once they have received it back, will be quicker and you will get a new one back.

dave?? you sure??

a bloke at work knows people who have had replacements in a couple of days?

microsoft themselves said it can take 10 days though.

reconditioned ones?? :S
prob better than the 'brand new' one sfrom play though? lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
dave?? you sure??

a bloke at work knows people who have had replacements in a couple of days?

microsoft themselves said it can take 10 days though.

reconditioned ones?? :S
prob better than the 'brand new' one sfrom play though? lol
mine died about 3 weeks before christmas and i had to send it back, so from my experience, yes i am sure, i tracked it all the way to portsmouth, then called up a week later to see where it was and the woman said it had just been received in the repair centre in germany and was going to be looked at, about a week later i received a reconditioned one back, its fine, works perfectly, was manufactured back in oct 2005 though, but as long as it works etc.

my friend had one in a few days but in the early days they weren't being sent to germany, thats what adds the time now, i was told 15 working days by MS and it took about 9-10, can't remember exactly

if it was me and it died after 10 mins though i would DOA it personally.

ah yer i think the early days they didnt bother even checking them.. just replaced them

but play.com are SERIOUSLY s**t..

if i send it back to them they wont get it till next friday, then they will take a fair few days to have it tested or prob send it back to microsoft themselves, before releasing a new bundle out to me!
it will prob be about a month :|

i hate play.com wish i just bought it from gamestation now..

dk

911 GTS Cab
ah yer i think the early days they didnt bother even checking them.. just replaced them

but play.com are SERIOUSLY s**t..

if i send it back to them they wont get it till next friday, then they will take a fair few days to have it tested or prob send it back to microsoft themselves, before releasing a new bundle out to me!
it will prob be about a month :|

i hate play.com wish i just bought it from gamestation now..
i agree with your play comment, they have gone seriously downhill in my estimations recently, used to love them back in the day when they were play247.

gamble really, sounds like both will be 1-2weeks anyway

thing is.. if i get another from play im pretty sure it will take longer than microsoft... and it could be another dud one?! then id be seriously pissed... lol

but then when paying so much money you like to have something 'brand new' and would feel cheated by having a reconditioned one!! decisions!

will ring MS tomorrow and see what the score is on the replacement one i will be getting. whether it will be reconditioned or new.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
  RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i have one with a dodgy graphics card (everthings blue). wanna buy it?

i also have a working one. (was free from shop 'cause i caused so much fuss about my first f**king up)

dk

911 GTS Cab
No way, just read this, got mine on friday, set it up last night (Sunday) and it doesnt even turn on, no power at all.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193132

Think we both have had a bad batch.

I went here http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/AboutUs.html?page=retn

But have not recieved a returns authorisation yet.

I thought Play was good!! b******s i am asking for a refund so i can buy one on the high street, then if it breaks or doent work, i can atleast shout at someone!!!:mad:
might be worth checking all the connections as my flat mate also thought he had a bad one as it would turn on and it was just a cable wasn't seated correctly, might have been the video cable from tv to xbox but it just wasn't quite right and prevented it from turning on!

Might be worth a try if you haven't already double checked.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
No way, just read this, got mine on friday, set it up last night (Sunday) and it doesnt even turn on, no power at all.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193132

Think we both have had a bad batch.

I went here http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/AboutUs.html?page=retn

But have not recieved a returns authorisation yet.

I thought Play was good!! b******s i am asking for a refund so i can buy one on the high street, then if it breaks or doent work, i can atleast shout at someone!!!:mad:
might be worth checking all the connections as my flat mate also thought he had a bad one as it would turn on and it was just a cable wasn't seated correctly, might have been the video cable from tv to xbox but it just wasn't quite right and prevented it from turning on!

Might be worth a try if you haven't already double checked.

Interesting, yeah will double check in the morning now, have to take it out the box again grrrr, sure everything was right though, worth checking i guess.

Monaro VXR
they say things go in 3's... im having boost probs on car too. wonder whats next ! :(

The is ringing true for me this week. So far car has had a truck go into the front of it resulting in new front bumper, new wing and wheel needs refurbing. Then while moving it off the drive the gates decided they wanted to get friendly with the rear end. massively pissed at that.

But final straw? Clutch went the cars only done 12,000 miles! But i have been complaining about juddering and slipping for ages. Now they might actually believe me that something is wrong.

Hey mate this happened to me but about a year ago, I had to go onto xbox's website and tell them that mine was broke, they ask for your details and come and pick it up to have either a new power supply or a different hard drive (Not sure what was wrong with them, jus remember saying they needed to swop one or the other) It took around 1 day for them to collect and I got it back 2 days alter. Was really pleased with it aswell, It has worked fine upto now.

laid down..

microsoft take about a week and a half to 2 weeks, console has to make its way to germany by boat before its looked at, then they send you a reconditioned one from portsmouth, if i was you i would DOA it with Play and get them to send a new one out straight away once they have received it back, will be quicker and you will get a new one back.

dont know where you got that info from, mine took 2 days once it was reported faulty and was replaced with a brand new one :S

dont know where you got that info from, mine took 2 days once it was reported faulty and was replaced with a brand new one :S

when was that though?

dk

911 GTS Cab

mate, if you read above you will see this is from experience, mine went back at the beginning of december, they used to be realy quick but have changed the procedure now and it ships to germany first by boat.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
i ordered one from gamestaion other day, cant wait but it better bloody work for longer than 10 mins!

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah last year when they came out I had 2 faulty ones, one after the other.

Total time for both was like 1 week and a couple of days including weekend