ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 lasted 10mins..

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I'm so glad I cancelled my order from Play and got mine from GAME (in the highstreet). Mine wouldn't power up when I first got it, figured out it was because of the power cable wasnt plugged in far enough (it hadnt clicked in).
Feel sorry for you mate!

Go into town and buy a 360 from HMV/Currys/PC World etc

Take it home, swap the consoles over, take it back a few hours later saying it doesnt work, you're not happy, you want your money back and you dont want to risk another one.

Then ring Play, tell them its fixed itself somehow.

Lol I hear so many storys of Xboxs blowing up it makes me wonder, are you lot playing them for hours on end or just unlucky.

In this case I think luck is not on your side. Mines been faultless though lol.

Go into town and buy a 360 from HMV/Currys/PC World etc

Take it home, swap the consoles over, take it back a few hours later saying it doesnt work, you're not happy, you want your money back and you dont want to risk another one.

Then ring Play, tell them its fixed itself somehow.

lol would i do a thing like that?? *already on the case..*

Lee

BMW M2C
Lol I hear so many storys of Xboxs blowing up it makes me wonder, are you lot playing them for hours on end or just unlucky.

In this case I think luck is not on your side. Mines been faultless though lol.

I think some is bad luck, others have been badly ventilated and some obviously just switched on straight from a couriers lorry while freezing cold..

Mine is a day one console and still going strong. My boss is on his 3rd and most the office on at least their second. We also have at least 1 Dev kit fail a month.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm so glad I cancelled my order from Play and got mine from GAME (in the highstreet). Mine wouldn't power up when I first got it, figured out it was because of the power cable wasnt plugged in far enough (it hadnt clicked in).
Feel sorry for you mate!
thats what happened to my housemate although his was the vga cable not seated correctly, so easy to do and think its just knackered, even if it isn't the power cable it won't power up.

172 Cup
So whats the verdict on whether the console fails quicker if positioned upright or on its side?

A4 Avant
I'd ask for your money back from Play then go and get another from a high street store.

I bought mine from Argos and the first one a received developed a fault after about 15mins where random objects would appear on PGR3. After some complaining a managed to get it exchanged for a new one. They wanted to send it back to microsoft even though it was 30mins old. Its worked perfectly since.