ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2010

dk

911 GTS Cab
FFS WILL EVERYONE SHUT UP ABOUT MICRO SIMS. IT WILL BE FINE. THEY WILL SORT YOU OUT.
who will sort us out?

if i have a contract sim and then i buy a non contract phone and keep my existing plan, how do i get the micro sim then?

i'll have a payg one but that won't be my number or contract, thats what we want to know, and you know they will 'sort us out' do you?

i have actually seen a microsim cutting machine on the web, apparently it sold out pretty quickly, could make it back to a normal sim too.

who will sort us out?

if i have a contract sim and then i buy a non contract phone and keep my existing plan, how do i get the micro sim then?

i'll have a payg one but that won't be my number or contract, thats what we want to know, and you know they will 'sort us out' do you?

i have actually seen a microsim cutting machine on the web, apparently it sold out pretty quickly, could make it back to a normal sim too.

Could just get your number changed over... takes all of 24 hours.

?
Well o2 were quick... damn im excited now! What do you think will happen now? Do you think they will be available to buy sim free on the same day? (24th?)

?
who will sort us out?

Exactly that. Or less if you do it in advance knowing that your iphone will arrive the next day. Lol @ cutting up your sim card though hahaha

dk

911 GTS Cab
so i can just transfer my number to the microsim using the unique identifier on that?

sorry, i'm not a telephony expert, genuine questions, i'm sure i'm not the only one 11 months into a 3gs 18 month contract contemplating doing this.

That's how I imagine it will work, Dave.

Thousands of people are going to want iPhones and only have big sims. The shops will have a mass supply. Just call, explain, they'll swap you over.

You can pre-order one if you're on o2.

BMW F31
@ DK, i know in the past i lost a sim and they sent out a new one, surely we'll be able to ring up o2 etc and ask for a new micro sim for our particular contract details embedded. i cant see why they wouldnt do it tbh.

Citroen DS3 DSport
o2 have already said that you will be able to go to any o2 store and get a free micro sim and have your number and contract associated with it. They said this last week as a general statement.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
If Revels' predicted price of £450 is true, then 3GS will be off to MazumaMobile in a month = iPhone 4 for £250ish. Win.

Polo GTi
If you use the o2 link and say your interested in buying one on release it says they may post a micro sim to you in advance before release. The key word is may though

Well the 3GS was $199 & $299 in the US last year. That's what the iPhone 4 is this year.

No price change hopefully means we won't see a price change.

It was £440.40 on PAYG for a 16GB. £100 more for 32GB.

?
Hmm, think im gnna renew my contract with another phone. Flog that then put the money towards a sim-free iphone? Since the iphone contracts are ridiculously overpriced.

Hmm, think im gnna renew my contract with another phone. Flog that then put the money towards a sim-free iphone? Since the iphone contracts are ridiculously overpriced.

but the iphone tariff is different to any other phone tariff, couldnt work a payg iphone off a standard phones tariff. Thats why the iphone contracts are more expensive, coz your paying for the 3g etc