ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wots the williams 0-60?

Clio DCi 100
Still can't forget about this one, is it a cup beater? :) keep hearing variations on the official 0-60, anyone know wot it is?

Clio DCi 100
oh rite cos i was under impression these only weighed 950 kg same as 106 gti? same 0-60 but with 30bhp less? confusing as to how thats possible lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
my old williams was faster than my 172 to 60 im sure of it but after that the 172 will pull away from it.
my standard 172 against my mates williams at santa pod he would pull away at start but id pull it back at the finish.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
nothing in it between strombas williams and my 182 when we had a play a while ago.

nothing in it between strombas williams and a veyron either as i understand it, lol.

seriously tho, my willy is probably quicker to 60 than my 172 cup was, after that the cup takes it.

a willy would show a 106gti its arse end everytime, they are so torquey low down (well mine is anyway, mines chipped and on a magnex)

^
Yep ,as standard they (williams) don't do 60 in second gear, I think they do about 57 mph, then the driver would have to change into third.

Against a standard engined valver (my old one) up to about 80 I found that there was nothing in it really, same outcome every time we tried & against different williams too.

Against a mates 106 gti (year 2000, the one with 130bhp) with an exhaust & filter I coudn't win.

He had the edge on various willams too. Freaky car.

williams and trophy
i was timed many moons ago for pgti, only managed 1 timed run as the pug 205 there kept breaking the timing equipment.

ran 7.01 then.

have run 5.63 at york dragstrip.

the williams wont hit 60 in 2nd gear unless its had the limiter raised, the 172s usually get there a little quicker, but the willy comes past after that. in my experiences anyway, and been comparing a lot over the last 6 or so years ;)

106 GTi
For some reason the 106 GTi was spec'ed at 8.5 seconds to 60 while the Saxo
VTS was 7.7 to 60. People beleive it was the way Peugeot tested the car.

IE - full tank and 3 passengers? Still a bit shady, nobody really knows. The
106 though is 120bhp but weighs around 930kgs. Still think the Williams times
seem a bit out? Surely would be quicker than 7.6 seconds?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
my williams was defo faster than 7.6 seconds it was sandard on 40k and no doubt in my mind it was faster to 60 than 172 also it was alot faster than mates 106gti with breathing mods.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
My mates 106 gti when std ran the same as my Vts, once he done a bit of work (decat, ss sytem, remap and filter) and dyno'd at 148 bhp, it could put a good car length on my Vts. The 106 did seem to have different gearing to the saxo however, we seldom changed up at the same time so it wasnt always head to head. Quarter mile times were around 15.2 and 15.3 at York.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Even if you lined up all the cars mentioned and got perfect starts the outcome would be diffrent every time you changed the cars for the same models as some are just quicker out of box.

106 GTi
The gearing differences between the VTS and GTi is also just myth talk. No
real answers there.

The should perform exactly the same, theres only visual differences!
Just that Pug and Citroens own testing times are not the same.

Its so hard to judge between cars, be a lot easier if a real driver could test
each car back to back to judge.

172 cup, Civic Jordan
I've heard this before regarding the Williams needing 3rd to hit 60mph. As a result, 7.6secs has got to be right. The figures do look a bit out when you consider a Saxo Vts will do 60mph in the same time. However, in the real world of driving, the Williams will obviously feel that bit quicker.

Also, how often do you do 0-60mph flat out?

Car magazines need to test cars properly and publish more meaningful figures. The only mag that does this to my knowledge is Autocar. When they do a full test, you get 0-60mph, 0-100mph and 30mph-70mph. These sorts of figures will give you a better indication of the car's overall ability.

williams and trophy
^^ 0-60 flat out from evry set o lights ;)

only saxo/106 iv ever really had a prob with is craggys old un. pretty much dead level from standstill to 140+ , freakishly fast. ran 14.5s all day at york or pod. 12.2s at crail ;) but things went a little differently after the mods.....as can be seen here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vOiKs8pAWCY

and no.......the porks didnt catch me ;)

S2000
The main problem with the williams is that they are old now so the time varies greatly from car to car. Some williams engines are running a good bit over 150bhp in standard trim with just an exhaust (who knows why) and can easily beat that 0-60 time especially with a raised rev limiter. Imo with a raised limiter and a good stong williams engine 0-60 should at the very least be under 7 seconds. I've not had any encounters with any 1*2's tbh so I can't say for sure but if I had to put my money on it between two in good condition I would go with the williams to 60, though that it purely from what I have read on here and other clio sites.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
0-60's are irrelvant imo.

The williams will always seem slower due to the duly mentioned rev limiter.

Need to break out the 1/4 mile times I think to solve this one ;)

172 cup, Civic Jordan
As tested by Autocar magazine, 30-70mph through the gears.......

Williams - 6.9seconds.

182cup - 5.8seconds.

Also,

Civic Type R (EP3) - 6.0seconds.

MK5 Golf Gti - 6.3seconds.

Interesting reading but like someone else said, there will be discrepancies between the same car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As tested by Autocar magazine, 30-70mph through the gears.......

Williams - 6.9seconds.

182cup - 5.8seconds.

Also,

Civic Type R (EP3) - 6.0seconds.

MK5 Golf Gti - 6.3seconds.

Interesting reading but like someone else said, there will be discrepancies between the same car.

LOL!!!! using an Abacus??!!! 5.8 for the 182cup!!! hell the vee must be 5.0s then! ;)

E90
No it didn't make the test, it crashed backwards through a fence on the slight bend entering the straight.

Didn't Stombas williams do 0-60 in about 3.4 seconds?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've actually been through Eau Rouge in a V6, so I might have to retract that previous statement lol

Epic i'd imagine...That moment close to death and balls out Adrenalin!! ;) Welcome to the wonder world of Vee ownership! :)

E90
Driven by jeremy, so he knew what he was doing, It was a good experience thats for sure, I'd have one despite my constant diss.ing, anything that looks like a group B supercar is a winner in my book, I'd bet you good money, I'd rear end it though lol

Saxo VTS
Ok just to clear a few things up:

There never was a 130Bhp version VTS or GTi from standard. Not ever, never. They all came with the same TU5 engine. The only difference which probably started the whole 130Bhp myth was the introduction of EGR and some crap about the models made in 2000 not having it and producing slightly more power, or something.

A 106 GTi and a Saxo VTS are nearly identical cars. A VTS weighs 935kg and a 106 GTi weighs 950kg. Bearing in mind they are identical under the bonnet there is no way that a 106 GTi is nearly 1 second slower to 60. In reality there really would be nothing in it (0.1 second if you're lucky) as they are the same car.

Having spoken to a friend who has owned a Williams and a VTS he has said there was nothing in it to 60 and book figures would also reflect this for both the cars in standard form.

And, finaly, more to the point, 0-60 isn't the most important factor of a car!

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Ok just to clear a few things up:

There never was a 130Bhp version VTS or GTi from standard. Not ever, never. They all came with the same TU5 engine. The only difference which probably started the whole 130Bhp myth was the introduction of EGR and some crap about the models made in 2000 not having it and producing slightly more power, or something.

A 106 GTi and a Saxo VTS are nearly identical cars. A VTS weighs 935kg and a 106 GTi weighs 950kg. Bearing in mind they are identical under the bonnet there is no way that a 106 GTi is nearly 1 second slower to 60. In reality there really would be nothing in it (0.1 second if you're lucky) as they are the same car.

Having spoken to a friend who has owned a Williams and a VTS he has said there was nothing in it to 60 and book figures would also reflect this for both the cars in standard form.

And, finaly, more to the point, 0-60 isn't the most important factor of a car!

Well said chap:)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Driven by jeremy, so he knew what he was doing, It was a good experience thats for sure, I'd have one despite my constant diss.ing, anything that looks like a group B supercar is a winner in my book, I'd bet you good money, I'd rear end it though lol

Meh! Easy to drive on the limit when you know how!