ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World Series by Renault - Parking details

172 Cup
Pootle said:
yes. it means that vehicle movement during the event each day will be restricted. that way if everyone is parked up you don't get the constant moving of cars!!

Me and my mate might have to leave with little or no warning (both on call that weekend)

Emma does this mean I'm either A, Stuck in a sea of cars with no way out or B, I'll have to park elsewhere and walk in??

Last year was much better where we simply all parked together.

al

ST on the way...
Surely if we all apply with that form and get a pass for infield we can park where we like?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
All sounds a bit ghey if u ask me. what was wrong with how it was arranged last year?

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Hi,

Emma has let me post on your forum (Many Thanks!) so I can try and answer a few questions:

Parking:

Will be infield near Redgate corner. Entrance via Coppice Tunnel. I believe this is close to where Cliosport parked last year.

There will be a large marquee with some vintage Renaults on display + a refreshments area. The sign in desk will also be here.

All vehicles will be parked by model, so all Clios will be together regardless of which club they belong too. i.e. all Williams together, all V6s together. Please can you try and stick to this where possible when you arrive as it keeps things simple and makes a better display for the public.

Remember your cars are the exhibits, that's why we ask for them to be as early as possible and also on both days if possible.

There is circuit access here for the parade, also a great view for the racing.

Passes:

A windscreen sticker will be sent shortly. You will also recieve tickets for the driver and passengers if you don't already have them.

These will be sent out in two batches. The first this week and another just after the closing closing date.

Evening Gala:

This will be held in the new paddock suite (which was completed in April) at the circuit on Saturday night. There will be presentations by Meguiars, photos of the day, Renaultsport videos, and plenty of food and drink!!

You can reserve tickets in advance (on the registration form) and collect them on the day. You may still be able to purchase them without reservation if there are any remaining. Just ask at the registration desk. Entry will either be £10 or £15 per head depending on how costs escalate. This is a bargain as the food only cost per head is already more than this.

Insurance:

Giving insurance details is a requirment of all WSR events.

My understanding is that it is simply to check that all vehicles attending and driven to the event are insured.

Policies vary according to cover especially for more modern cars that are used every day. Most classic or collectors policies cover cars on static display for exhibition and some extend to a low speed non-competitive parade.

You will need to check with your individual insurer.

In practice the parade is fairly low risk. It is not a track day. If you are sensible there is unlikely to be a problem. I am sure that many participants do not always have the full required cover. This is of course at your own risk.

Competition or off-road only use vehicles may require specific cover.

Additonal Info:

Further info and updates will appear on the forum at www.renaultalpine.co.uk

If you post a question on this forum I'll try and answer it but please bear in mind I don't visit every day. Alternatively you can try an email to mail@renaultalpine.co.uk or even give me a call on 02073946801 or 07956495773.

Hope to see some of you there...

Regards
Stephen

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
clart said:
All sounds a bit ghey if u ask me. what was wrong with how it was arranged last year?

Hi,

It's organised exactly the same as last year, but Cliosport are invited so you can join all the other clubs for the parade laps, competitions and evening party.

Emma has let me post on your forum (Many Thanks!) so I can try and answer a few questions:

Parking:

Will be infield near Redgate corner. Entrance via Coppice Tunnel. I believe this is close to where Cliosport parked last year.

There will be a large marquee with some vintage Renaults on display + a refreshments area. The sign in desk will also be here.

All vehicles will be parked by model, so all Clios will be together regardless of which club they belong too. i.e. all Williams together, all V6s together. Please can you try and stick to this where possible when you arrive as it keeps things simple and makes a better display for the public.

Remember your cars are the exhibits, that's why we ask for them to be as early as possible and also on both days if possible.

There is circuit access here for the parade, also a great view for the racing.

Passes:

A windscreen sticker will be sent shortly. You will also receive tickets for the driver and passengers if you don't already have them.

These will be sent out in two batches. The first this week and another just after the closing closing date.

Evening Gala:

This will be held in the new paddock suite (which was completed in April) at the circuit on Saturday night. There will be presentations by Meguiars, photos of the day, Renaultsport videos, and plenty of food and drink!!

You can reserve tickets in advance (on the registration form) and collect them on the day. You may still be able to purchase them without reservation if there are any remaining. Just ask at the registration desk. Entry will either be £10 or £15 per head depending on how costs escalate. This is a bargain as the food only cost per head is already more than this.

Insurance:

Giving insurance details is a requirement of all WSR events.

My understanding is that it is simply to check that all vehicles attending and driven to the event are insured.

Policies vary according to cover especially for more modern cars that are used every day. Most classic or collectors policies cover cars on static display for exhibition and some extend to a low speed non-competitive parade.

You will need to check with your individual insurer.

In practice the parade is fairly low risk. It is not a track day. If you are sensible there is unlikely to be a problem. I am sure that many participants do not always have the full required cover. This is of course at your own risk.

Competition or off-road only use vehicles may require specific cover.

Parade Laps

Non competitive low speed parade laps with safety cars at regualr intervals.

One parade on Saturday. One parade on Sunday. Subject to delay or cancellation following a major delay or incident in the race schedule.

Places are limited so will be allocated on a first come first served basis according to receipt of registration forms. If demand is extremely high parade passes may be allocated at random for Saturday & Sunday.

Additonal Info:

Further info and updates will appear on the forum at www.renaultalpine.co.uk

If you post a question on this forum I'll try and answer it but please bear in mind I don't visit every day. Alternatively you can try an email to mail@renaultalpine.co.uk or even give me a call on 02073946801 or 07956495773.

Hope to see some of you there...

Regards
Stephen

172 Cup
Stephen can you confirm movement of cars during the day?

If I get there early will my car literally be sandwiched in or can I leave when I want to?

(on call and may have to leave at any moment, highly doubtful but possible)

Megane RS 275 Trophy
Thanks for clearing that up Stephen,
I'll get my form sent off first thing in the morning,
Billy

172 Cup
19-08-2006, 20:35 #42
.Griff.
ClioSport Moderator

Re: World Series by Renault - Parking details
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle
yes. it means that vehicle movement during the event each day will be restricted. that way if everyone is parked up you don't get the constant moving of cars!!

Me and my mate might have to leave with little or no warning (both on call that weekend)

Emma does this mean I'm either A, Stuck in a sea of cars with no way out or B, I'll have to park elsewhere and walk in??

Last year was much better where we simply all parked together.

Still need some sort of answer.

V70 d5 beast
hi guys just need to clarify this up?
if i fill out the form and send it off, will i be able to go out on the track(parade) etc
and where will all of our cvars be parked? infield? does that mean right on the track grass of sumit?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yeah parking is the same, but no moving of vehicles during the whole day could put people off i think.

Mazda MX5 1.8
al said:
I'm assuming 1.6's will be fine being as one of the RenaultSport rally cars is a 1.6 ;)

yeah we no longer have a plain 1.6

we have a renaultsport S1600 K4M :cool:
nice lol

well sent it off anyway

172 Cup
Clart said:
yeah parking is the same, but no moving of vehicles during the whole day could put people off i think.

Seems a bit weird doesn't it. Certainly needs clarifying.

Maz

LY 200
Whats the show start and finish time please ??

Bound to have to move cars for the lap thing ?? right ?? :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Cars can arrive from 8am, but if u can't leave until 6pm, its gonna be a long day. Then do it all again on sunday. hmmmm

Maz

LY 200
6pm ... bloody hell didn't see any of that on the forms I was sent must be blind, what about going out at lunch time etc ?? or emergencys (sp) ??

Stephen any chance you can answer this please :)

Monaco Blue 172
8am?! wtf. i'm never getting up there for 8am on saturday. will probably just go for the sunday at this rate.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
Maz there's a timetable printed on the inside of the ticket wallet, that should give you all the times.

Cars can arrive from 8am (from being the keyword! lol)

As for moving of the cars, I have no idea how strictly this will be enforced or if it's possible, I have no idea what or how they are planning on parking us on the days.

Please also bear in mind, Stephen has said he doesn't visit ClioSport everyday and has given his email and telephone numbers. If you want urgent clarification on certain aspects of the weekend and you require a quick response, you may be better off using one of the alternative contacts for him.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
how do i imput my details on the pdf regerstration sheet for the parking???? i havent got a printr so was guna email it??

Maz

LY 200
Ok Emma thanks for that, Griff would be great if you could let us know, thanks for your help :)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Can we aim to meet up outside @ 8am and go in in 'convoy' so we don't end up with a Corsa in the middle of 40 Clios?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Has anyone recieved their infield pass yet? Don't want to be without one and have to park so far away.

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Hi,

I will try and answer a few more questions.

The cars will be parked infield near Redgate. Entry will be via the Coppice tunnel

There is circuit access here as the cars will need to get on and off track for the parades.

I will include a timetable and map with the passes which are due to be sent any day now. You will get sufficient free tickets for driver and passenger with your vehicle pass. The Driver will also receive a lanyard to wear for paddock access.

The parade lap times are: 12:25 - 13:20 Saturday and 10:50 -11:20 Sunday

Regarding movement of cars. As with all shows people will always turn up and leave at various times. Exactly how restricted movement will be is impossible to gauge until the day but I would imagine most people will arrive between 8.00 - 10.00 and most will start to filter away after the Renault F1 team displays which are around 4.00pm on both days.

The weather on each day will obviously also influence movement.

Having one parking area for all cars rather than seperate ones for each club makes this slightly easier as you just park by the same or similar model.

There will also be a free rally plaque for the first 250 registered vehicles

Don't forget to reserve a space for the gala evening. Entry will be no more than £15 per person and this is heavily susbsidised by Renault. The food cost alone per head is £20 and there is a free bar with champagne, wine, beer and softdrinks. The buffet menu will be up on the RAOC site shortly.

My Legs
it says on the form how many gala resevations? do i just put the same as the number of passengers? aslo what is registered for H&C? trophy!?!?!

help please !! thank you!!

stephendell said:
Don't forget to reserve a space for the gala evening. Entry will be no more than £15 per person and this is heavily susbsidised by Renault. The food cost alone per head is £20 and there is a free bar with champagne, wine, beer and softdrinks. The buffet menu will be up on the RAOC site shortly.
That sounds tempting...

timboss said:
it says on the form how many gala resevations? do i just put the same as the number of passengers? aslo what is registered for H&C? trophy!?!?!

help please !! thank you!!
I think it's Heritage and Collectors?

Or Heritage and Concours?

See pages 2 and 3 on the other link that pootle posted originally!

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Tow Vehicles: Trailers and support vehicles should be parked close to the collectors display area on the infield but any motorhomes/caravans will go into the motorhome area which is in Paddock 3 (where the Collectors display was last year) or the Donington Park Farmhouse Campsite if there is no space in Paddock 3.

H&C = Histoire & Collection. This is the Renault Heritage department in Paris where they organise all the collectors events and look after the Renault Collection of over 600 cars. They run competitions for all the Renault clubs and their members each year but you have to register. You get points for attending events like WSR meetings. 30+ points = a trophy + prizes and an invite to Square Com (Renault HQ) in Paris for a presentation and Buffet at the end of the season.

PLEASE CAN YOU ALL CHECK THE MASTER MAILING LIST FOR THE PASSES TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON IT:

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub....0&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

And the best news... The chocolate fountain is back this year at the Gala!!

Ziel Nurburgring
Have i missed the sign up for infield parking and will you accept the info via email rather than printed and posted?

Cheers

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
didnt know the parking would be as one group.

Are we able to bring club banners ?

blink172 said:
Have i missed the sign up for infield parking and will you accept the info via email rather than printed and posted?

Cheers

me to is there anyway of doing this on the day . ??

cheer's tim

My Legs
hey it doesnt say anything about my guest!??!?!

do i have to pay for the food btw? also is everyone staying in a hotel ? also anyone else driving from the north west??!?!?! im going to drive down on the friday so i dont have to set off on saturday morning at like 6am!!!