ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World Series by Renault - Parking details

Mk2 172 (Silver)
All collectors parking this year is being organised by Stephen Dell at the Renault Alpine Owners Club for Renault Heritage. We will not have a club dedicated area. However if your car fits into one of the categories below, fill in the booking form and get it sent off ASAP!! Hopefully we will all be parked up together somehow.
Because this is no longer a 'club' event for us, it will not count towards our Car of the Year awards.

**********************************************​
Here is the current list of eligible Clio variants according to the rules (bent slightly!):

1.2/1.4 16V (in theory, e.g Late Dynamique, Extreme)
1.4 S (TBC)
1.8 RSi (TBC)
1.8 16V
2.0 16V
Williams I, II, III
172/182/Trophy
V6 230/255
+ Extensively modified cars.

All these vehicles can park in the collectors area and participate in the vehicle parades.

Will parking still be on the infield?

Do we have to park in the collectors bit?

Don't want to put mine in with its stupid large dent :( but don't want to park outside with the commoners either...

oh, and one thing to note is:
"Collectors' vehicles may leave the exhibition area only when the exhibition closes"!

Mk2 172 (Silver)
White16valver said:
Will parking still be on the infield?
don't know, thats for the organisers to tell you.
Do we have to park in the collectors bit?
it's either public car park, or fill in this form and be part of the event.
Don't want to put mine in with its stupid large dent :( but don't want to park outside with the commoners either...

oh, and one thing to note is:
"Collectors' vehicles may leave the exhibition area only when the exhibition closes"!
thats the same for any show we go to. vehicles should not be moved until the end of the show.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
yes. it means that vehicle movement during the event each day will be restricted. that way if everyone is parked up you don't get the constant moving of cars!!

Monaco Blue 172
umm ok, so basically i cant drive my car to the hotel on saturday night ?!?!!?

taxi for two then!

jooliona said:
umm ok, so basically i cant drive my car to the hotel on saturday night ?!?!!?

taxi for two then!
I'm pretty sure once the last race is over you will be able to remove your vehicle and go back to your hotel etc!!

Monaco Blue 172
Day said:
I'm pretty sure once the last race is over you will be able to remove your vehicle and go back to your hotel etc!!
thank god for that ;)

now to figure out if i need track insurance...? i dont want to race i just want to ponce about :cool: hehe

Pootle said:
Here is the current list of eligible Clio variants according to the rules (bent slightly!):

1.4 S (TBC)
1.8 RSi (TBC)
1.8 16V
2.0 16V
Williams I, II, III
172/182/Trophy
V6 230/255
+ Extensively modified cars.

All these vehicles can park in the collectors area and participate in the vehicle parades.
No diesels?
Do Blisteon damapers and racing brakes quality as modified?

Monaco Blue 172
arse. no parade for me then. i've asked but insurance wont cover it! :(

presumably even parking inside the track will be a problem. so i guess i'm slumming it with the goobers! oh well, at least i can leave before the end of the day if i want...

Monaco Blue 172
apparently, you do! according to diamond anyway. i even told them it wasnt a race, timed, etc but they're being miserable c***s about it :mad:

or does that mean i can go on track, but my policy wont pay out if anything happens? in that case nobody hit me please!!! lol

Be careful though as there was a post on here that linked to a mazda(?) forum about how someone had driven up the Santa Pod strip and his company refused to pay out on something completely unrelated that happened on the way home iirc.

I think numberplates and tax disks need to come off if people are going on track! lol

Monaco Blue 172
thats a stinker! god they know how to ruin ppls fun dont they :(

pity i sent off the application form saturday! :eek:

RB 197 Cup
tbh with the parade lap you wont be going very fast so im sure you can risk it by going onto the track.last year they were behind the pace car and cause it was raining they were only going bout 30mph.

Monaco Blue 172
but if my insurer finds out it sounds like they will invalidate my policy regardless!! :eek:

another qu.. does "infield" parking mean parking inside the track area??

Last edited:
jooliona said:
apparently, you do! according to diamond anyway. i even told them it wasnt a race, timed, etc but they're being miserable c**ts about it :mad:

or does that mean i can go on track, but my policy wont pay out if anything happens? in that case nobody hit me please!!! lol
You can go on track they just won't apy out for any claim. I told me insurance company I'd be tracking my car and IU was aware of the situation.

They cannot refuse to pay out if its on the road.

No need to remove anything on circuit some people do so if you did bin it they tow there cars off track and claim on there insurance any no photoes show the car crashed on circuit.

Infield parking means parking on the huge grass bit in the center of the race ciruit.

No need to be insured on track track day organisers (I'd guess Renault organisers would be the same ) demand you sign an agreement that you accept there no insurance if some crashes into you its your problem not theres. Hence if I crash into a Ferrari on track its the problem not mine.

Monaco Blue 172
reckon i'd better check with them first tho, in case something like this happens!

White16valver said:
Be careful though as there was a post on here that linked to a mazda(?) forum about how someone had driven up the Santa Pod strip and his company refused to pay out on something completely unrelated that happened on the way home iirc.

I think numberplates and tax disks need to come off if people are going on track! lol

Monaco Blue 172
how miserable is this

Thank you for your recent Email. We would cover your vehicle if it was
parked
on a public road or in the spectators car park. However we would not
cover
your vehicle if it were to be parked on the track as this would be
classed as
being part of the event.

BMW 320d SE
TBH jooliona, I think you are worrying about nothing. It's not like you'll be doing a track day - it's just a slow speed parade lap. You'd have to be a total numpty to crash on a parade lap!

jooliona said:
how miserable is this
Your not parked on track your parked on the car park which happen to be in the middle of the track.

As for crashing when on circuit well laps will be slow and few people crash even on track days when there going all out.

Monaco Blue 172
well screw them then eh :rasp:

tbh i think its more at risk of being nicked/broken into from the spectators car park than the infield, but never mind!! i did try to explain that parking would be "in" the track rather than "on" it :rolleyes:

i dare say i am worrying about nothing, just its my first experience of such an event so i really have no idea what to expect... :eek: i agree the chances of crashing in a parade lap are slim to none, as i would hope that everyone has their sense of self-preservation after all ;)

lets do it!

:race:

jooliona said:
i dare say i am worrying about nothing, just its my first experience of such an event so i really have no idea what to expect... :eek: i agree the chances of crashing in a parade lap are slim to none, as i would hope that everyone has their sense of self-preservation after all ;)
Don't worry about it its a great day out (even better if its not wet) don't worry abotu your car ther'll be load of other owners who take the same car of there cars as you would.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
This might be a silly question, but what about the looky likes?

All teh 1.2's that look like 172's? They are exstensivly modded, but not add on kits etc?

Saner said:
This might be a silly question, but what about the looky likes?

All teh 1.2's that look like 172's? They are exstensivly modded, but not add on kits etc?
Judging by the first post I'd say you were covered.

That's not the bit I was thinking of tbh mate...

Pootle said:

1.4 S (TBC)