ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Word of Warning, Avoid Sky!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Hate to do these rants, but this one I feel is very justified.

After a year with sky Insurance, I decided to move to Greenlight (And, after a month with them I had to move to Flux due to neither of them wanting to touch me on a BMW). However, since this time (around November 2014) Sky has continued to take a monthly direct debit from my account.

Now firstly, I know it was stupid of me to miss this. But It's been a very busy past few months and checking my bank statements has been low on my list of priorities. However, since I spotted it the other week I decided to try ring them. This is mistake number 1, in your catalogue of "Things Sky Cant do properly so why do you bother". After several days of trying to fit a phonecall in around breaks at work etc, and failing due to the lol-tastic holding times, I finally got through.

Call Number 1: I was promised that a "Manager" would look into this for me, and that I'd get a call back THAT DAY. Now last time I needed a refund on a policy for a car I sold I was promised this and they failed. So naturally, a day after with no phonecall, I rang back
Call Number 2: I was then told this "Manager" was away that day, but would be back tomorrow (A friday) and then I would get a phonecall. This did not happen, and by the time I had the chance to ring them again I sat on hold until their lines closed. Fast forward to next week, I try and ring them again.
Call Number 3: Guess what? This mythological manager is back! Only, this time they are in a meeting, and guess what? They'd call me back that day. I said I was fed up, and that I wouldn't end the phonecall without the refund. So she said she'd take my details of a card on file and use them. Once the "Manager" was out of their meeting I would get a full refund. Weirdly, they didnt have my bank details on file (Despite them taking a direct debit out of the sodding account) so had to use another card.

Thought I'd check my bank today. Hey presto! A refund, of less than 1/4 of what they owe me. So basically, since the lines are closed again, I'm going to have to endure more stress and find more time to call these morons up and get my money back! Well actually, no. I feel its time to just leave it in the hands of the Financial Ombudsman service.

Anyway, just thought I'd warn you lot. As I know a lot of us use them, and judging by this, I'd hate to think what they'd be like if you're waiting for an insurance pay out!

Summary: Avoid, like you'd avoid sticking your gentleman sausage in a food blender.

clio 182 trophy
Piss poor customer service! Sadly more and more businesses operate this way these days. Orange did a similar thing to my mate. He told them that he was not renewing his co tract and they did anyway and charged him a lot of money whilst he was working away abroad. Jokers everywhere. They would be the first to contact you at all hours if you owed them money!!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
As above. You've tried with Sky and they have failed, so call your bank.

You'll have the refund within a day or so, for the full amount.

I would then continue your complaint with Sky also, going through the correct means (Letters, then the regulators)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Sky have properly gone downhill, I used to to use them but i wouldn't go near them now. Shame really as their customer service used to be spot on and i have no issues recommending anyone to them, Now i recommend people don't go near them.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I used to be insured with sky for a few years, then had a renewal that was over double the amount I payed the year before even though I had no points or accidents. I'm now with Sainsbury's can't fault them.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm with Sky at the moment and as much as they have been half decent with me, their waiting timesto speak with someone is absolutely outrageous, so much so that if i don't see an improvement with them come renewal, i'll go elsewhere.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm with Sky at the moment and as much as they have been half decent with me, their waiting timesto speak with someone is absolutely outrageous, so much so that if i don't see an improvement with them come renewal, i'll go elsewhere.
Grass will be greener will it?
Good luck with that ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I was with sky until the 2nd year they put the prices up.

Went with Greenlight last year and will do again this year once the car's back on the road.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So I just rang them again. First off they couldn't work out what policy I was talking about, then I just got another "let me take your number so we can call you back"

Unfortunately, my bank (equally f**king dreadful, avoid Barclays as switching to them last year has to be one of the worst decisions of my life) won't let me get a refund via them.

Clio
So I just rang them again. First off they couldn't work out what policy I was talking about, then I just got another "let me take your number so we can call you back"

Unfortunately, my bank (equally f**king dreadful, avoid Barclays as switching to them last year has to be one of the worst decisions of my life) won't let me get a refund via them.
So thats Sky AND Barclays?

Ever considered the problem might be you?

Ford Mustang 5.0

You could ask to speak to the person appointed in charge of "systems and controls" at Sky, that is the person listed on the FCA RMAR return who is in charge of managing the business rescources and if you explain the fact you werent called back 3 times regaring an issue i would of thought they would sort it pretty quickly.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

Call back. Unauthorised Direct Debit = Refund. Well, it did when I worked in Fraud and Disputes for Lloyds TSB a few years back.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Find me a insurance company that's useful.
They are all as bad as each other.

Indeed, which is why you should always, always pick the cheapest quote. They're all terrible - they survive by charging you then not paying out, obviously. The less they pay out, the better.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, which is why you should always, always pick the cheapest quote. They're all terrible - they survive by charging you then not paying out, obviously. The less they pay out, the better.
I paid more this year to go with Greenlight than with Admiral. There's often more to consider than just the price - it was nice talking to people who knew what modifications you were making, can be updated via PM on here, always respond to peoples queries on here, are very forward and honest about what they do and don't insure and reasons why, cover mods like for like etc.

I'll generally always try Greenlight first, seem to be a cut above in my experience.

I'm one of the tightest people you'll meet and I actually chose to pay a little bit extra to go with Greenlight over one of the mainstream companies because Greenlight are so so easy to deal with.

I've never needed to claim, but I have confidence that Greenlight would retain the competence and professionalism I've come to expect throughout a few years of dealing with them.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I paid more this year to go with Greenlight than with Admiral. There's often more to consider than just the price - it was nice talking to people who knew what modifications you were making, can be updated via PM on here, always respond to peoples queries on here, are very forward and honest about what they do and don't insure and reasons why, cover mods like for like etc.

I'll generally always try Greenlight first, seem to be a cut above in my experience.

I'm one of the tightest people you'll meet and I actually chose to pay a little bit extra to go with Greenlight over one of the mainstream companies because Greenlight are so so easy to deal with.

I've never needed to claim, but I have confidence that Greenlight would retain the competence and professionalism I've come to expect throughout a few years of dealing with them.

I suppose if you have a Clio (or any car really) that's got mods, then that's fair enough. But I drive a 1.2 Clio on a 53 plate who's only mod is a new head unit - so cheap is better for me!:smile: That being said though, I'm skint as anything (student, work for Dominos part time) so the less I spend, the better.