ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

with no insurance..

J03

MX5 1.8
right i know am in the wrong so dont start telling me off lol i know what you lot are like when it comes to things like this, simply i just want abit of advice..

right i had an in dec 08.
my sister asked if i could do her a favour and move her car for her because she had a few drinks. i was going to take it home whilst she stayed at her mates, mind you the distance was only a street away but i must have the worst luck ever, i approached a really tight corner and this car comes flying in front of me, i did my best to avoid it but the steering locked and the car went straight forward, the dick got out and insisted it was my fault and i said i dont have insurance... so i said i will pay for damages because i have the money.. he rang his mum.. which couldnt been any worse, she was a police officer and she told him to ring the police... so the police came and took my details...
ive not heard anything since! ive rang them saying my name and was on the system but the woman told me that theres nothing i can do but wait for an investigator to investigate before charges... i asked ok then well how long, she said it could take as long as takes... :S ok then how helpful, she forwarded my message to the officer in charge at the time and hes going to ring back.

now before you all start telling me that am a dick or whatever ive had it all from my parents, i just want advice or has anyone been in the same situation whether or not it takes this y long to sort out??

thanks for reading..

joe

Erm, my mate did the same thing.

He got off the first time and second with fines. But was banned the 3rd. But he had "issues" so the court might have been more lenient and was never involved in an accident.

Just have to wait, it'll go to court unless it's completely dropped. Not much you can do but just keep driving really while you wait.

Oh and it takes the police ages to sort anything out. So just be patient and wait.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
Well obvioulsy what you did was very foolish especially as it was only 'a street away' so you deserve all the bullshit you get because of idiots like you other guys like me have to pay more expensive insurance premiums.

Now to do with what you are asking,

You will have to wait and see what happens. It is a criminal offence to drive with no insurance, so unless they have let it go which i very much doubt i would imagine, you will get something in writing through the post.

But it has been a very long time since the incident, i would keep contacting the case officer if you want to find out whats going on.

In future, dont be such a plank!

Tbh insurance is for losers. The fine for not having it is much cheaper, so good on you!!

But yeah, unfortunately these things can take years to get sorted. They are usually dealt with within the year though.

Clio
Unlucky mate, lifes about risks. 99 out of 100 times you'd have been fine. Live and learn or just drive off next time.

IS PH2 172
Tbh insurance is for losers. The fine for not having it is much cheaper, so good on you!!

But yeah, unfortunately these things can take years to get sorted. They are usually dealt with within the year though.

In the same way seatbelts are for gays, airbags are cheating, traffic lights are optional and CS gives teh best advice on teh internetz?
;)

J03

MX5 1.8
cheers guys, well all i can do now is wait and hope! just waiting on a call from the officer, thing is i want to get rid of my mx5 now so i can get a cheaper car to run with better practicality etc etc, i dont need a 1.8 to drive around town.. the mx5 is off road at the moment i just dont know if i should get a cheaper car or just wait. thing is ive been driving less than 2 years so he cant just issue me a fine.. it will have to go to court and let them make the decision. just pissing me off cuz ive been without a car for ages now and its taking the piss with how long and slow these guys do their work!!

Bus w**ker
On the day of 6 months after the date of the incident you'll get a court summons, they like to lull you into a false sense of security. Then you'll get the option to plead by post or go to court. Worst case you get sent down and bummed. More than likely 7 points and a fine.

Are you not fully comp on your own policy and therefore TPO on any other car?

If not PWNT.

Sy

p.s. If you're not insured you're a dick. XOXO