ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless network question.

clio 182 black /gold
Hi i have just relocated the wireless router to behind the tv so i can put my blu ray player online. The desktop is now upstairs with a wireless network card in. Now the signal strength is very low 11.0 Mbps. Is there any way of making the signal stronger? Oh i have a belkin 54G router. Regards Lee.

clio
search for pringles tin wireless antenna / extender on google.. (seriously this does work)

Or buy an access point, relocate the router (using a longer cable to the blueray), get a better router / receiver,

Fiesta ST
You could always get youself a new wireless N Router and wireless N card for your PC - but if i was in your shoes I'd buy a couple of Homeplugs for about £40 - much better that wireless.

LY 182
You'll find that the electrics will now be interfering with the wireless signal. Can't you put the router back where it was and run a longer cable?

clio 182 black /gold
You'll find that the electrics will now be interfering with the wireless signal. Can't you put the router back where it was and run a longer cable?
The router was origanly in the rear room and the desktop was hard wired to the router. I could put it back in the rear room as the internet cable is still there. Could i make the blu ray player wireless instead? Lee.

clio
worth mentioning that the homeplugs only work if the two plugs you're using are on the same ring... plus they are crap if you have an old wiring

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How fast is your internet?
If it's less than 11mbs i wouldn't bother doing anything unless your pcs are networked?

And why does a blue ray player need internet?

clio 182 black /gold
How fast is your internet?
If it's less than 11mbs i wouldn't bother doing anything unless your pcs are networked?

And why does a blue ray player need internet?
Im on 10MB broadband speed. So i can get updates etc and you can watch youtube too on it.
The laptop is 54Mbps and it is in the front room near the router.

185lb/ft dCi
your tv signal and wifi runs on UHF so its never a good idea to put it directly next to a tv. Wireless N is a good shout as it has alot of measures to improve range and reliability, but wired is always going to be best!