ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless N - How it should be

797788691.png

that is mine when it actually works!

Tesla MP3 2021
The speedtest is pinging from your router to the proposed destination.

How is your internal wireless going to affect the speed at which the internet connection downloads the files?

Additionally, it doesn't portray the true speed, merely an indication as to what it is and every time, it's going to be a different time you run the test.

The proof is in the pudding.

Hardwired (PC)

798495047.png

Wireless N (MacBook Pro)

798497923.png

Wireless G (iPhone 3GS)

d0592398.jpg

Tesla MP3 2021
Interesting how the ping is a lot higher on my iPhone Wifi compared to the PC and MacBook

Go cry to your momma!
Adam, you should be getting more than 30mbits through on N..

What's it connecting at?

You may need to enable "fat channel / dual channel" on your access point to get it to connect at 300mbps - unless it's a 2.4Ghz AP, mac refuses to connect to fat channel on anything other than the 5Ghz spectrum.

Found this out myself and eventually bought a simultaneous dual band airport extreme.

Cupra
We've just had an upgrade, Wireless N is not strong enough to get a fast enough connection for it through three floors of concrete though.

864545678.png