ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window smashed, stereo gone!

Got to the station this evening to find No. 99 with it's driver's door window smashed and my head unit gone!

Police came and photographed it, dusted for prints and took samples of the foot print on the seat. Luckily there's no body work damage and they didn't open the glove box to the see the brace of Road Angels I had in there...

473940485_210322b102_b.jpg

473940749_8a179d9e9a_b.jpg

473940149_a84c05a4d8_b.jpg

T

thecremeegg

Jeez mate, thats gutting :(
How do they get away with it? surely someone wud notice what was going on? makes me mad thinknig bout it

hope u fix it all ok

www.renparts.co.uk
W*nkers.... i hope they all die..... you buy nice things... other people who can't buy them take them off you.... there is no point.... very lucky with the road angel in the glove box.... and at least you can get the glass sorted through insurance. just have to pay your excess.... look forward to glass in your door forever though.... what headunit was it?

They are in and out it my guess? The crime scene guy showed me how they smashed the window; a small flat bladed screwdriver in the towards the bottom of the left hand side of the window. One sharp whack and the window explodes!!!!

As one of the guys was saying it the other pointed it out... A screwdriver on either side of the stereo to lever it out and they're gone!

did they take your cigarette lighter???

(sorry...you must plug in something)

Last edited:
T

thecremeegg

Thats the same head unit as me, good unit :S
Shows the brainpower of these thieves tbh, they got no common sense. Did you leave the front panel on?

Shows the brainpower of these thieves tbh, they got no common sense. Did you leave the front panel on?

I always leave the front panel on. Unless you take it with you they know it's either in the glove box or under the seat and if it's not their there's a chance they'll turn the car over to find it!

It looks like the CDE-9850Ri has been discontinued and I can't see another Alpine head unit with the same 'full speed' integral iPod functionality, other than the £350 DVA-9861Ri!?!?!

It looks like the CDE-9850Ri has been discontinued and I can't see another Alpine head unit with the same 'full speed' integral iPod functionality, other than the £350 DVA-9861Ri!?!?!

It's been replaced by the CDE-9881R. Luckily the f*cker left the HU to iPod cable cause it's not longer included with the HU!!!

Megane 230 R26
That sucks mate, hope you get it all sorted ok and I hope the coppers catch the b*****ds :(

Mine was in the garage today for a suspension knock and I got them to fix the oversensitive ultrasonics at the same time, they also performed an "alarm siren modification" dictated by a renault technical note, perhaps the fault is that they're too quiet, I'm going to set it off in the morning to see what's changed and I'll let you know ;)

Lionel Richie
why nick a std setero?? (unless it wasn't std that is?)

just read the thread properly, doh!

Last edited:
  Rb182cup+s2 rallye
im gonan buy a peice of s**t old school tape player rip the face of it off and see if i can fix it to the front of mine when the proper face is off so if someone sees that they wont want it as its not worth the agro.

was a good idea i thought.

must be a right c**t coming back to see that id be proper pissed off

D

dick

auto windscreens will hoover it all out 4 u dude.

unlucky mate, can you claim 4 your h/u? or does it cost you your full excess?

I always leave the front panel on. Unless you take it with you they know it's either in the glove box or under the seat and if it's not their there's a chance they'll turn the car over to find it!
Sorry to hear about what happened but I don't agree with above...

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
S*it luck imo.

Everyone leaves their headunit face on or something valuable in their car at some point, gutted for you.

clio 182 black /gold
Ouch unlucky :(. when my nova was robbed, the police said that the foot print could have been mine and unable to finger print the car. Then they left. At least the police took notice of your loss.

Clio DCi 65
absolute P-ricks! happened to me mate, doubt please will return anything for you. they got my sat nav from under my seat!!

LY V6 with Recaros
Gutted for you, I know how it feels, it happened to me in my last car. Hope you get it sorted. :(

The police sound more helpful with you than they were with me though. I got the reg of the car they were driving, but they never did anything about it.

Turbos.
Unlucky fella.
Personally i would always hide the HU. Got my window smashed, they took nothing though... Alarm didn't go off either.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Sorry to see this, must be gutting. I really hope they catch the theives that did this.

Apparently a lot of thieves go for the factory fit HUs now as they go for big money on ebay. The top end double din Ford units are £600 from Ford!!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Had mine nicked from Tesco car park during the daytime, security said that they had 3 cars broken into within 2 hours.

Took headunit damaged dash opened glove box, but all they took was headunit and a pire of jeans my mate was taking back to shop for refund.

Since then everytime I shoping I park as close to the entrance as possible even if I park in parenmts or disabled parking. (car is left at your own risk)