ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy help please

Willy2

Well as a few of you may remember, i wrote off the willy and it is now in the hands of the insurance, what i need help with is the price its worth, i have looked in the glass guide and i cant seem to find anything relevant. Now i am after a top price so here goes

Willy1, L reg, 81k, FRSH, no0196 of 400 uk spec, no rust on the car, all exterior mods declared, what should i expect or go for?

the car was a minter! STILL GUTTED:(

who says its never gonna be back on the road again......the insurance company will sell it on to a salvave company & someone might buy it & repair it, just coz an insurance company have written it off dont mean itll never see tarmac again !!!

Id buy it back....i think they usually sell em for 10% of the value & you (your legal right) have first refusal of the salvage.....youd make yer money back in sellin it to paul or strippin it yerself.

below is the trade in value of your car, its a bit hard to put a true private value on a car coz everyone opinion is different, basically its worth what someones prepared to pay, best thing to do is search for other williams with roughly the same/age/mileage/condition etc.....get proof & if they dont offer you enough then show them how much it would cost you to replace it

AUTOHIT VALUATION GUIDE

Price when new
£ 13275

Trade in values:-

Good condition
£ 2125 - 2300

Average condition
£ 1450 - 1575

Poor condition
£ 990 - 1075

Go with fathers comments ! Buy it back and sell on all the parts youd make a mint ! The engine and box would go for a tidy package, interior would sell quick ! i was 4.5k too !

your not gonna get an unbiased opinion on here, but from insurance company your be lucky to get £3k. as for buy it back to sell the parts, could take months and lots of effort.and its still a gamble.

if you want a price ring up your local Renault dealer and pretend your PXing said vehicle, dont be surprised to hear probably about £2k trade in.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Im slightly miffed at this.

You should get whatever they are going for in autotrader or e&m

as i have said before insurance companys have to put you back to where you were before the accident.

If you can find one like yours then keep the ad and use it to prove the price

Quote: Originally posted by Rajk on 25 November 2003

Well as a few of you may remember, i wrote off the willy and it is now in the hands of the insurance, what i need help with is the price its worth, i have looked in the glass guide and i cant seem to find anything relevant. Now i am after a top price so here goes

Willy1, L reg, 81k, FRSH, no0196 of 400 uk spec, no rust on the car, all exterior mods declared, what should i expect or go for?

the car was a minter! STILL GUTTED:(

I got nearly £5k for my 1995 Willy 3 with 84k on the clock when it was nicked. I did however have a huge wallet of receipts and photos to send them.

Well said Rhys.

Rajk, if you have documented proof and good pictures of your poor Williams then chances are you can make a deal with the insurance company, then both agree on a price. Forget about what the Dealers Bible says they are written for dealers to make a tidy profit on top of what they will pay you. List any ICE and all modifications made with relevent prices. Remember NEVER to take the 1st offer, on the other hand though the 3rd offer is usually their final offer. If you still refused that offer then prepare for a lengthy and costly court battle with them. Chances are they would win to as they will have far more money than you will have to spend on top solicitors.

Good luck my friend.

Bill.

Willy2

I was thinking of asking them to replace it, do they do that? Cause it happened to a couple of mates of mine.