ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wideband lambda sensor

A question for the techs. Do you know where I can get a wideband lambda sensor fitted to replace the standard unit on my car. I also want to connect the lambda sensor to my ECU or unichip for it to adjust the fuelling in real time depending on load, air temp etc.

Who can do this for me, where and how much?

Most of the lambda sensor come with the car are narrow band lambda sensor. Theyre for emission purpose and work only a closed loop mode. They give out 0-1v, telling the ECU that the current mixture is lean or rich and so the ECU will know if it need to injector more fuel or less fuel in the next cycle.

If you replace it with wide band lambda sensor, you should have a module capable to convert and give out simulated narrowband signal, 0-5V -->0-1V.

wide band lambdas of any decent accuracy cost a small fortune and i wouldnt keep one inside your exhaust permanently.

I would weld in anotehr boss or use the original one for mapping one, then take it out.

They are verysensitive and can be damages easily.

For a decent one, think over 1500 quid.

£1.5k? ouch. I can pay for a few mapping sessions with that. Ok maybe I need to tell you why I wanted to do this in the first place and maybe theres another solution. I want to map the car (unichip) in order to safely avoid any knocking/det, but at the same time I dont want to go too conservative and back off maximum power/torque too much. I thought that I could come up with an active closed loop system that would monitor the AF mixture in real time, interface with the unichip (Ive since discovered I cant do that) and ensure the optimal mixture all the time.

Then why dont you run a link off the knock sensor so you can tell when to back off a little.

I think you mean auto-tune your car with the aid of wide band lambda sensor. Try to let the tuner do what they have to do, achieve the AFR curve and tuning the ignition timing with the aid of knock monitor.

I dont know no, but im quite active on the HK pug 206 forum and my father sold you your car if you bought it from jebsen.