ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why no xenons?

I have just been looking at specing up a new clio 200 and to my surprise there doesn't seem to be an option for xenon headlights :(

Does anyone know why this is? Or if it would be possible to retrofit them. Maybe Renault think the standard lights are good enough.

Its just a bit annoying as I was thinking of buying one of these but I would really want the xenon lights.

It probably wont put me off buying one. Its just annoying, especially if they include it as an option next year or something.

It probably wont put me off buying one. Its just annoying, especially if they include it as an option next year or something.

I can't see them doing that tbh. Option from the start or not at all. Would make no sense at all to introduce it later.

i was gonna say, are the cornering projectors an option?

if so, then you're sorted... easily retrofitted.

probably be quite popular on the 200, due to not being able to spec Xenons.

I know I would tick the box. How much are they?

bargain!

pretty sure most people would tick that box surely? They look so much better for next to no money :)

madness, make the call! ;)

what colour's yours? Seriously, the grey surrounds on the 182's Xenons looks so crap! don't like mine. I'm guessing the standard 200 lights have a grey surround too?

get them added!

probably be quite popular on the 200, due to not being able to spec Xenons.

I know I would tick the box. How much are they?

150 irc ive not seen any 200s with them theirs so many 197s without they were an option on the 197

the mk3 dynamiques upwards had them as standed but they became an option in 2008 so they are quite rare after this time

the mk3 ph2 they are only standed on gt an initiale the rest of the range they an option

i dont think many will consider this worth while the car comes with lights why upgrade them hence no xenons :(

their is a small demand for retro fitting now but the corning bulbs require modifcation to work

Last edited:
  LY 200
Oh know not another phone call,lol.

I phoned them earlier about swapping my wheels for black speedlines.

LY 200
madness, make the call! ;)

what colour's yours? Seriously, the grey surrounds on the 182's Xenons looks so crap! don't like mine. I'm guessing the standard 200 lights have a grey surround too?

get them added!

The spec.

Clio RS200.
Liquid Yellow paint.
Cup Pack.
Black speedlines.

I called them earlier to change the wheels. lol.

I can just imagine calling him again, he'll think he's hit the jackpot.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If you can get an optic lense (im not sure you can specify this) then just get a HID kit...!

Bang just as good!

Headlight washers are pointless imo

RS200
yeah no xenons! :( i really wanted those too. what does double optic cornering lights actually mean? does it do anything different to normal lights?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they have cornering lights. At low speeds, they come on, and illuminate the sides of the roads very well actually. I diconnected them though as they come on round town, bit embarrasing tbh, although lighting up ladies skirts ftw?!

RS200
haha seems like a bit of a waste of money really. the 200 has tonnes of equipment anyway! this is all standard:

The standard equipment specification on the Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup includes the following;

* Cup chassis - lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers, anthracite colour to the wheels, red brake callipers
* Electric windows
* Six airbags - auto-adaptive driver and passenger, lateral airbags and anti-submarining front seat airbags (the anti-submarining airbags are not fitted to the optional Recaro Renaultsport seats)
* ABS with Electronic Brake Distribution
* Disconnectable ESP stability control
* Rake-adjustable steering column
* Leather steering wheel
* Multi-function trip computer
* 4 x 20W RDS CD MP3 radio with fingertip steering column controls and RCA socket
* 17" Renaultsport alloy wheels
* ISOFIX child seat mounting points on outer rear seats
* Thatcham category 2 alarm system
* Drilled aluminium pedal facings
* RAID (Renault Anti Intruder Device) which automatically locks the doors at over 5mph
* Black door mirrors, gloss black finish to the rear diffuser and the centre section of the front bumper

To this comprehensive standard equipment package, the Clio Renaultsport 200 adds the following equipment:

* Climate control
* Renault Hands Free Keycard
* Reach-adjustable steering column
* Renaultsport leather steering wheel with yellow centre marking
* One-touch electric windows
* Three height-adjustable rear head rests
* 60:40 split folding rear seat
* Cruise control
* Speed limiter
* Curtain airbags
* 17" Renaultsport alloy wheels in silver
* Front fog lamps
* Electrically-adjustable and heated door mirrors with gloss black finish
* Automatic headlamps and windscreen wipers
* 'Soft-touch' fascia with zinc-coloured matt finish to the centre console
* Body-coloured side mouldings
* The Cup chassis is optional on this version

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The bulb on the left is the cornering lamp. Then you have the dipped beam optic, then the sidelight/main beam lamp

17082008168.jpg