ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why doesn't a 182 manifold fit a ph1?

Evo
Got a set of RS stamped inlets in the garage and I read they are supposed to be an improvement, but I also read they don't fit ph1 172s. Without offering them up together why are they incompatible exactly?

And to confirm I intend to fit them to a phase one model.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im lead to believe that "RS Stamped" inlets only fit PH2 172's & 182's

I think it has something to do with a breather pipe at the top or something

Evo
The small one that leads to the fuel rail? Pretty sure 182 manifolds have that too. I wondered if the throttle body plates are different? ( cable vs fly by etc. ).

E46 M3
The "RS stamped" bit is only the lower inlet manifold which will fit any age sport. You can use a 182 lower with a phase 1 upper.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have the RS lower on my PH1, (was the better one to use to get them "matched") its fine its only the PH1 upper you need

Ph1
I have the RS lower on my PH1, (was the better one to use to get them "matched") its fine its only the PH1 upper you need

No advantage if its getting matched, infact they always used to say you got a better result from the worst casting as there is more metal to work with.

Only advantage of a RS one is when your comparing to a standard version

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
No advantage if its getting matched, infact they always used to say you got a better result from the worst casting as there is more metal to work with.

Only advantage of a RS one is when your comparing to a standard version

shouldn't matter what you start with as you should end up with the same thing once they're reworked

Evo
I read on ktecs website they don't bother matching the two parts of the inlets anymore as they couldn't find any gains on the dyno. Far as I'm concerned this has always been the No.1 mod for clios, guessing all these years it was a waste of time after all lol?