ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Do I Keep Blowing Subs Up?

Rsport182Cup'd
i have a problem that i keep blowing subs up can you help,
i do not mean mickey mouse ones either, quality stuff like rockyfos, audiobahn, vibe.

setup

sub,
amp at size to match sub
cap to stop headlights and display dimming
2 guage power cable & earth
6x9 on seperate amp

i seem to run the subs for around six months then
dead as a post, no bangs, pops or obvious

need some assistance as my wallet is starting to run dry,
i would like to know what it is and what sub you would put in.
amp 300w rms power at 2 ohm, bass mono block.

regards
russ

Rsport182Cup'd
i like to play at just a moderate volume, i used to work as a dj and understand the warm up and down, or like if you were clipping , (but thanks) and pro - install not really got the pennnies

Rsport182Cup'd
when i have been buying the replacement subs i have taken the instruction book to shop (source sheffield) so they can read the technical information and then they have offered me several subs. this will be four in a 18 month period so really need to sort it

Rsport182Cup'd
i try to set it by ear, turn gain up then at first hint of any distortion nock back, never been told any other way really

"Navy" N17 TWO
Oh yeah - power & cap are two words that make a big NO-NO for car audio.

Basically they're sh1t - any good ICE dealer will tell you that

Clio 1.2 16v
If your headlights do dim then, does that mean you need a more powerful battery or what, how would you stop it if they are dimming....

Polo + Micra
right then lets get a few things straight.

the best way to run a sub in is give it it's full power from the start other wise your not going to run it in.

a cap just puts extra load on the electrical system as it draws power away from the amp to charge it's self aafter it's been depleted.

drivinig a sub with too much power is not likly to kill it (unless it's over double what it can take)

but the reason you keep blowing subs it that it's not setup right. try and find someone with a cathode ray ociliscope(sp).

also have upgraded the earth under the bonnet from the battery to the chassis