ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Can't I get a good insurance deal!

172 Cup
I have just got insurance with Brentacre for a 172 cup, been driving 2 and abit years with 2 years no claims.
My postcode isn't exactly great but I managed to get it for £1700.. not too bad really.

Probably doesnt help but I used to have a Saxo VTS, cost me £800ish for the year to insure, having 2years no claims at 22, when I went to change to the clio 1.2 my premium went up to £950 for the year! however when I came to renewal it was Tesco (direct including clubcard discount) that was the cheapest at £360 for the year, I pay £30 a month :)

I also recommended tesco to a friend who got his first car, he got a new clubcard then got his insurance alot cheaper! he then wrote off his car a few weeks later :/

And old people get the last laugh!, I did the insurance for 2 people,
my grandmotherinlaw.. who drives a 3.summert merc CLS350.. £280!! (with AA)
our warehouse man at work, he drives a 1.2l fiesta and was discusted at his £180 renewal.. we got it down to £110 for the year with lloyds!

insurance is completely mad

i'm 19, passed my test 2 years ago, i have no NCB due to the fact i havent had a licence for the last year and a half due to medical problems, i get my licence back in 2 months hopefully and my quote on a 172 is around 1700 so shop around man! :)