ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's Got Bilstein Coilover's????

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi all,

I want to know who's got the Bilstein B14 coilovers fitted to there cars?

Please can you post pictures of how your car sits and any comments you have/what you think of them.

I've been thinking long and hard about buying a set for my PH1 but as i bought Spax (as i thought they was going to be good) and then removed them after 10 months id like to do my home work 1st this time.

Many thanks

S.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yep, prefer them to my old KW V2's.

Comfortable whilst still geared towards handling. Not crashy, handle damaged road surfaces well.

Seem to be very well built.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I've had mine on since August. Initially they scrubbed like a b*****d, due to 25mms at each corner.

Had it raised to a more sensible level and it's easy the best handling FWD car I've ever driven now. I don't have any other handling modifications, and the only limitation to grip now is tyres. Sensitivity to shoddy rubber seems to have gone up.

9724250763_612ca0683c_c.jpg

172 Cup on 2118s by adamlstr, on Flickr

There's how it sat with full lows. It's now about 10mm higher at the front of the sills.

Ride comfort is better than OEM, by quite some margin.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Mine is aswell, as per the PM bud. I've found then faultless to date, and thoroughly recommend them.

Should have popped down the unit when I was there, you could have taken it out. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I've had mine on since August. Initially they scrubbed like a b*****d, due to 25mms at each corner.

Had it raised to a more sensible level and it's easy the best handling FWD car I've ever driven now. I don't have any other handling modifications, and the only limitation to grip now is tyres. Sensitivity to shoddy rubber seems to have gone up.

9724250763_612ca0683c_c.jpg

172 Cup on 2118s by adamlstr, on Flickr

There's how it sat with full lows. It's now about 10mm higher at the front of the sills.

Ride comfort is better than OEM, by quite some margin.

Looks great mate, thank you for posting.

My cars on 10mm rear spacers and 20mm front.
Can your car go any lower at the front?

Mine is on them mate. If you can remember how mine sat/went at Bedford?

I don't remember mate, but you was flying. :D

Mine is aswell, as per the PM bud. I've found then faultless to date, and thoroughly recommend them.

Should have popped down the unit when I was there, you could have taken it out. :)

Oh balls, just my luck.

Just put them on my ph1 and they're great.

Which on mate, Jacobs old car?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Running out of time mate tbh, need to order something today/tomorrow ready for the weekend.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well imo they performed fine but when in the air if you grabbed the actual strut there was play, this didn't affect performance but mine were not even a year old and I was told it would get worse over time. A refurb would fix it again, not sure how long they would last before they got to the point of needing a refurb though.

They are a good choice for road definitely, I had mine set up properly at northampton motorsport and on the limit the car was very well balanced. I'd probably go for them again tbh. I was gunna but they don't do cup fitment.

Edit- I know you need to make a decision asap so sorry for this but have you considered sachs with some decent springs?

I had them on my 182 and thought they were spot on. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
Michaelfoz also replaced his AST's with them and was pretty chuffed.
.GAZ. also has them and raves about them
Stu. has them too.

2eewx76.jpg

5yyequ.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I have had them on my cup for about 5 years now, rebuilt them once about 2 years ago. Car was a daily a few years ago, the winter conditions don't do them any good. Since being rebuilt for about £250 they have been spot on. Cornering well on trackdays. Even better if you have the bump steer correcting hubs fitted. I have a project thread if you want to have a look, although I have not updated it in a while! - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Cup-RS2-d-B14-Wilwood-2118&highlight=v16daf's

Vid of last weeks trackday for info -

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks alot guy's, I was on the phone to Mark Fish this morning as he will be setting the car up.

I just asked what he thought of the bilsteins, when I told him I could get a set from Larkspeed for £742.00 he said go for them.
Mark did say that maybe they won't go low enough on the rear, I guess I could always take the adjuster out if need be.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Thanks alot guy's, I was on the phone to Mark Fish this morning as he will be setting the car up.

I just asked what he thought of the bilsteins, when I told him I could get a set from Larkspeed for £742.00 he said go for them.
Mark did say that maybe they won't go low enough on the rear, I guess I could always take the adjuster out if need be.

My adjuster is removed from the back. Sits perfect, have no interior at all, only a rear cage

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Super, my car's for the road so i will have to have my 2 children in it from time to time.

Thanks again, you've all be a great help.:cool:

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
I've not used these on track. Just recently changed to these

Ask stu lol

However most daily drives have back roads and they seem fine

Asts are obviously a bit better lol

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Super, my car's for the road so i will have to have my 2 children in it from time to time.

Thanks again, you've all be a great help.:cool:

You'll be fine with the adjuster in place then, it's only when you start stripping it rises

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Sits well that Gaz.

I've ordered a set today from Larkspeed, should be with me tomo. :)