ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whoops!! if ya don't push it....ya ain't trying!

Schma Schme 1.6l
racing at oulton yesterday, lost it while passing into cascades, hit tyre wall then another car hit me at about 40mph. NICE!

Attachments

• clio smash.jpg
    clio smash.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 356
  Schma Schme 1.6l
no insurance. its a racing incident. shouldn't be too expensive to repair, jig the front square, new inner arch, bit of paint. bich bach boch.....as brian bodonde would say!

Black Clio GT
ffs, doesnt look too bad, just replaceable panel/subframe damage by the look of it.
some pics of huchies rally car with same sort of damage on here somewhere......

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
no insurance. its a racing incident. shouldn't be too expensive to repair, jig the front square, new inner arch, bit of paint. bich bach boch.....as brian bodonde would say!

Hero status... You have it :cool:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
ouch, not a good look! i'm sure you'll have it reet soon ;)

i hope i don't do the same when i go to oulton later in the year!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Front panel doesn't even look bad, new wing, bonnet, door and back we go!

Schma Schme 1.6l
Front panel doesn't even look bad, new wing, bonnet, door and back we go!

right strut is about 2 inch out of place, needs jigging, new inner arch, bonnet and front panel. rest is re-usable. not like i ain't gunna slam into another wall again!

Schma Schme 1.6l
rag it, break it, fix it.. repeat.

good boy, how was the other one looking post scuffle?

he put his bumper back on and drove it onto the trailer. not glad he hit me but certainly it was rearwards and not front ways.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Was really enjoying the video.... sad end!

What camera is that you are using out of interest

Schma Schme 1.6l
i use a samgsung HD comcorder on a monfoto clamp.

the other leon didn't collect me at all, basically i ran out of talent because i keep too much lock on when i should of simply let the car run out wider as i was carryin too much speed (live and learn), when i began my slide, the red leon panic'd, slowed down and crossed the path of the leon behind me, he had nowhere to go, let off and lost his back end.

all in all, alot of lose ends!

182cup & 172 racecar
Shame that,watched vid didn't think the back end would have gone then,I could hear that you kept your foot in.

Schma Schme 1.6l
yep, i'm glad i kept me foot in, proves i'm gettin better. thing is, slicks on the back were still cold and i simply didn't get the corner line correct. BUT, i can learn from it, next time i make a move like that, i'll sweep out wider and know the other car isn't there.

182cup & 172 racecar
yep, i'm glad i kept me foot in, proves i'm gettin better. thing is, slicks on the back were still cold and i simply didn't get the corner line correct. BUT, i can learn from it, next time i make a move like that, i'll sweep out wider and know the other car isn't there.

I know it's hard but you have to trust people around you,our first race at Brands was a bit of a teaser as we hadn't raced with these guys before and you need to know who will give you room and those who don't give a shti.