ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who was out at the ring this weekend?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I got a few shots of clio's while over there this weekend

mainly a black 182 on turinis with a private plate?

and also a v6 with cage in it?

Ill post up the pics when I've been through them

Clio 200 Silverstone
The black 182 on turini's may just be me :D number plate T18 BOV

Where abouts did you see me?

Clio 200 Silverstone
Were you queuing round the island to get on to track one day when I was coming down the hill to go in as well? Number plate GK05... think it was?

Titanium 182 FF
Nah, mines KD54. I think we were both out on track at the same time though on Monday evening. I went out for a few laps after 18:00, once it had dried out.

Clio 200 Silverstone
Ah right that was another one I saw then. He was with his Mrs i think. How many laps did you manage to get in? Its first time i've driven there, been one before but as passenger. Its a mental place

Did you see a Noble M12 going round? That's who I was with

Titanium 182 FF
Just two, as you know the weather wasn't on our side. It's my fourth time at the 'Ring and I still love it every year, there is no other place like it. The full VLN race on Saturday was a great spectacle, saw an epic crash at the Wehrseifen hairpin. I put some Yoko AD08 tyres on for this trip and I was very impressed with them once the track was dry.

Clio 200 Silverstone
No there really isnt. I love just seeing the variety of cars in and around the track. Saw a Wiesmann at the complex, not often you see them if ever!. The VLN race was really good, got myself a nice spot at the S's for the start then just wondered round the track, got myself down to the main straight at one point.... it's something else hearing an SLS on full chat!

Interesting about the AD08's, i was unsure about them when last changed, just went for conti's and they held up well. Might go for them next time round given your good experiences with them.

I'd fitted my Wilwood brakes for this trip as well and they never let up one bit and did 3 laps within space of an hour sunday morning

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Tibbo yes I saw you, I'll get the pics up once i've edited them, Car looked awesome.

You probably saw me keep coming over to your car when you were heading onto the ring taking pics, I'm about 6'5 and unmissable haha

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Was the noble a grey one?

If so the owner was talking to one of my friends in the fiat tipo that parked next to him in the car park, I got some shots of the noble if its the same one

Anyway 2 i've dug out so far, the moving one is terrible but I thought I would pop it up anyway

9624318928_89d8f0a230.jpg

IMG_1764 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

9621114691_83bd5ebc74.jpg

IMG_1744 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

One of the nobel?

9624342898_0396870af9.jpg

IMG_1771 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

I also saw this parked up by the cafe by the half way exit cafe, may be someone on here?

9621067097_8ae640868f.jpg

IMG_1838 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Clio 200 Silverstone
Cheers mate, glad you think it looks good :) and thank you for putting the pictures up. It's nice to actually see it when moving. Thinking back though at the first picture im positive I saw you standing on that corner when I went out for the run!

Yeah thats the noble! Isnt standard either, new exhaust and remap. He took me out in it and the thing is just crazy!

Was the number plate on the megane H4 WTF? If so, that was one of us as well lol there was quite a group of us

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I can't remember the reg on the megane unfortunatley, if you were out doing a few laps the chances are ive gotyou and the nobel on video at some point, once I start going through them ill post up any decent stills/ clips for you.

did you see the campervan going round?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I saw the BG 182 there. Noticed the willwoods from a mile in the car park after my laps.

Was there with my 182, polo gti and 172 ph1

DSC_4827.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_4827.JPG
    DSC_4827.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 74
I was there on Sunday in a black 182 (DC04 SUY) probably looking quite lost being my first Ring outing. Pretty sure i saw T18 BOV when I was there.

PH1 172
I was at the Ring last weekend, I see the Noble, Meg was parked next to an awesome Focus RS...I was there in the black T5 Sportline van...you might of seen it parked to the Meg on Sunday? had the roof up as a certin someone was hanging...ha!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
T18 BOV was in my workshop a few weeks ago with an ABS issue. I guess it was fixed lol

Clio 200 Silverstone
I was at the Ring last weekend, I see the Noble, Meg was parked next to an awesome Focus RS...I was there in the black T5 Sportline van...you might of seen it parked to the Meg on Sunday? had the roof up as a certin someone was hanging...ha!

The Grey Focus RS by any chance??

Clio 200 Silverstone
T18 BOV was in my workshop a few weeks ago with an ABS issue. I guess it was fixed lol

Lol yeah sorry was meant to call you regarding that but ended up being a rush to get there, I just had to tweek the brake pedal sensor and all has been well since. They were epic on the track, did 3 laps within about 45mins and they didnt let up at any point! Well impressed

Clio 200 Silverstone
I can't remember the reg on the megane unfortunatley, if you were out doing a few laps the chances are ive gotyou and the nobel on video at some point, once I start going through them ill post up any decent stills/ clips for you.

did you see the campervan going round?

The megane was only there for the sat/sunday. He did 2 laps with me on the sunday morning. Appreciate you finding the pics tho chap, always good to see it going round track

Yeah I saw the campervan, was epic

PH1 172
Really need to invest in a bigger lens for my SLR...Here's one of the Clios I spotted

DSC_0080_zps60118b39.jpg

Meg

DSC_0171_zps95b48987.jpg

Focus

DSC_0173_zps4cc69aa1.jpg

And the van we were in that Weekend...Looking a bit sorry for it's self, covered Germany's finest of fly's

DSC_0176_zpscd5eb2a1.jpg

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
And the van we were in that Weekend...Looking a bit sorry for it's self, covered Germany's finest of fly's

DSC_0176_zpscd5eb2a1.jpg

I must have been stood next to you in that carpark without knowing it, thats my friends white tipo in the background next to the porsche!

Ill see if I have any shots of your van.

And that grey RS was beautiful, I think I got a few shots of that too

PH1 172
I'm sure that Tipo was staying at our hotel? Burgstube? The van is my mates and is pretty epic for a van....2.0 Twin Turbo 180bhp as standard, on Gaz coilovers, Just needs a map on it now and it will be flying!