ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who wants to detail my car?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Ok, the title is a little open, but the short of it is that I'd like/need a detail done on the M6.

Having looked at local places who will do a full detail (Supercar Detailing etc), prices seem anywhere from £350 upwards depending on exactly what you have done. Not being an expert in this field at all, I have no idea exactly what I'd need doing anyway. I also can't help thinking that this does sound pretty steep, I know it's a full days work and these guys are professionals, but justifying that much cost is difficult for me. I'm sure someone here will put me right though!

Now I know there are a few of you on here who are quite passionate and experienced with detailing, does anyone do it as a business, or fancy detailing mine for fun/practise? ;)

I live in Surrey if that helps.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You're a high roller, get it done somewhere decent, once you find a name, search for detailing world. If they haven't posted on there then i'd want to see some of their work.

An M6 is a two day job for correction fella. You could maybe get away with one day for enhancement.

So the prices you've quoted are about right. I couldn't do Surrey as I don't have any time these days anyway, as much as an M6 would be nice to do!

But for two days you'd be looking at £300 from me... dependant on wax, wheels off, etc...

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Lol at the high roller comment!

Cheers JD, I don't think I need paint correction, the cars paint isn't bad at all, just could definitely do with a polish and protection etc. I can understand why you would ask £300 for 2 days work, but very briefly, what would actually take 2 days?

My friend has used Supercar Detailing before with great results, so I would probably use them, I just can't really justify forking out circa £400 at the moment.

Lol at the high roller comment!

Cheers JD, I don't think I need paint correction, the cars paint isn't bad at all, just could definitely do with a polish and protection etc. I can understand why you would ask £300 for 2 days work, but very briefly, what would actually take 2 days?

My friend has used Supercar Detailing before with great results, so I would probably use them, I just can't really justify forking out circa £400 at the moment.

To put it simply, the whole car fella. The paint correction alone on a large bus like a 6 series will take at least 10-12 hours. And that's after a wash down, clay, PDG readings, arches, wheels, interior/leather, engine bay... Something like a Clio takes me 8 hours to just the exterior, let alone the interior and engine bay. :)

im in high wycombe, bucks if your willing to travel? pm if intrested :)

I don't know Cawsey, so would suggest going to this young lady here ;)