ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has to share their car with mrs?

260% JCW
In all fairness though my Mrs has probably done more track days then most people on here, inc the Ring. Id let her drive it if she wanted.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I do! She drives it more than me!!!

Cleaned it last week, 6 pairs of shoes I took out!! f**k!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
My wife drives my car, we don't share it but she does drive it quite frequently. She isn't a bad driver and I have no issues trusting her - it's only a little red Clio when all said and done.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
My OH is on my insurance... maybe not for much longer tho.
He drives it whether I say he can or not... Im not on his insurance (booo!) so can't drive his... until I renew my insurance that is!

PH1 loads of boost!
Only had the Clio a week but we both use it, she doesn't get to drive the Evo though. Too big for her to drive, she's only 4ft 11" LuLz.

Clio 172 ph1
I'm insured on my man's 205 GTi but he only let me drive the old one twice and I haven't driven the new one yet, insuring me is a cost saving exercise! Closest I've got in the new one was sitting in the drivers seat while he went and got something, just in case, because he'd parked on double yellows :rasp:

He's not insured on my 172 though, NO WAY! Apart from the fact he doubles the cost, he drives like a nutter so I don't want him anywhere near the pedals! :eek:

I've taken my last two cars round The Ring so I like to think I'm not too shabby behind the wheel, and I certainly get through less petrol (and brakes) than he does *grumble* :rolleyes:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
No missus but my mum keeps askin to use my 182 as she likes it more than her car but I have to say no because it's MINEEEEE haha

120d M Sport
As above, I let my Mum have my car over Christmas when we had the snow as her Merc was going nowhere! Shes a good driver and would never rag it.

Mine drives my ph1, she moans she can only just get the clutch down as my buckets don't slide forward, she is into cars and encourages me to do more things to it, and she even droves it to work sometimes ( have to be abit careful as she is met police)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hell no. I've got dibs on both of mine !

My OH is on my insurance... maybe not for much longer tho.
He drives it whether I say he can or not... Im not on his insurance (booo!) so can't drive his... until I renew my insurance that is!

Lucky him. He must be amazing and way out of your league.

Lucky for me, I can drive any car as I'm ancient.

Mine drives my ph1, she moans she can only just get the clutch down as my buckets don't slide forward, she is into cars and encourages me to do more things to it, and she even droves it to work sometimes ( have to be abit careful as she is met police)

Like fit sliding seat rails ? :rasp:

172 cup and others
Well my corsa and zafira gsi me and the mrs share although she doesn't really drive the corsa as she wants a big car for the kids! I don't mind her driving it as my powder coated wheels on my corsa got done 3 years ago and the only mark on them was done by me in the snow! Plus she can handle the 250 ponies under the bonnet.

The Clio is for track use only!

172cup/ insignia
My Wife isnt on my insurance as they wanted £300 extra so put my mum on instead and saved £300 :) but she wont drive it unless i go the pub etc

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My mrs has here own car, but quite often uses the 182 at weekends. she drove us home last night as I'd been drinking at a fairly brisk pace I must say. Her driving style changes dramatically going from her Mk4 goolf Tdi to the clio.

I do get a bit annoyed when she uses it to go down the stables and it comes back with half a field up the sides/ in the wheel arches. I wait to see what state it comes back in today

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Jess drives mine quite alot, but she has a 2001 clio 1.6 16v without a mark on it, and she drives my 172 just the same. Always driven my cars, 5 turbos, williams etc. Not fussy because she is careful. She does seem to use more fuel than me though........

The last time I shared a car with my gf, she crashed it, then picked me up from work facing in a different direction to usual, hoping I wouldn't notice it. So no.

Bitches aint s**t.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've done about 5/600 miles in my 200, she's done the other 1500.

I don't like driving it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My girlfriend's insured on my beemer as she brought the price down a tad. I've not let her drive it yet though, but she does ask and she's a good driver so won't mind so much.

I remember a chap on here who i think was sitting in his passenger seat reading a paper while his missus got clocked doing 100+mph in his 182. I'd love to be that comfortable with my girlfriend driving lol

A

akimbo-slice

my mum has to use my car for 3 days this week if that counts.. im trying to explain she has to drive SLOWLY otherwise my car will scrape:(

J.W

RB 182 Cup
I used to let the ex drive my old well specced Evo 5 until I had a few pints one night and let her drive us back from the pub.

Soon as we got home she had her key took off her, scariest passenger ride I can honestly say I've ever had!

DCi 100
Mum goes to ASDA every saturday morning in mine! Usually has to put the shopping between all the rubbish I have in it.