ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistling, windy noise from under the car.

FF Titanium 182
I seem to be getting a whistley, windy noise coming from under my car when i hit around 40mph. Can hear it more so now its colder and windier. Had my exhaust sleeved and welded by Fred@BTM at the beginning of the year so surely it cant be that? Any ideas?

FF Titanium 182
Could be blowing from elsewhere along the exhaust. A small crack can make a lot of noise.

I did think this 2bh mate! Ive got my MOT coming up real soon think i will get them to take a look whilst its there

FF Titanium 182
Still making the noise. Went in for MOT no blowing coming from exhaust at all they reckon.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Most common cause for this is the CAT to Manifold seal kit blowing due to wear or bolts no longer asserting adequate pressure or a worn fire ring. Look carefully at the joint for signs of black soot like stuff at the joint.

FF Titanium 182
Most common cause for this is the CAT to Manifold seal kit blowing due to wear or bolts no longer asserting adequate pressure or a worn fire ring. Look carefully at the joint for signs of black soot like stuff at the joint.
Had a new one of these when Fred welded the olive joint. Seemed to have disappeared for a while now the weather is worse really is noticeable again?