ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whining noise from 182

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi,

Got in the car today and on starting up there was a constant whining noise from engine bay. It appears to be from around the altenator and it gets louder when the accelerator is pressed. The noise stayed all day, even after it had warmed up. Never had this noise before, any ideas? The car has done 43k with full history..

Cheers

Stu

nice thread ; problems solved is always good to read !

One more question ; When the wining is good as gone when warmed up, are we still talking about the idler bearing ?

Mine only makes the sound when just starting up , when driven down the street itstarts to dissapear

Tensioners are rubish in the car if it goes and isn't bad I wouldn't worry especaily in the cold and wet.

ph quick
nice thread ; problems solved is always good to read !

One more question ; When the wining is good as gone when warmed up, are we still talking about the idler bearing ?

Mine only makes the sound when just starting up , when driven down the street itstarts to dissapear

Tensioners are rubish in the car if it goes and isn't bad I wouldn't worry especaily in the cold and wet.

Mine was really loud then i did the belt idler and tensioner and it went away, a month down the line and its doing it on start up again but goes by the bottom of my road...