ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which pro polisher should I get?

K20 EG Hatch
My car is swirled too death and I have been putting off buying a polisher for ages. I dont mind spending the money as it should last me.

Which one do I get? Porter cable? Meguirs one? etc etc...

I will need everything so as much info as possible would be great!

Thanks.

2.0 Auris
The G220 one is good comes with a 230 volt 3 pin plug so you dont have to buy a transformer ect and is safer than a rotary,

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cant really go wrong with the Porter Cable 7424, thats what I've got and for swirl removal with the right polishes its great.

Polishes I use are Menzerna Intensive Polish Po85RD3.02 and Menzerna Final Finish 106FF.
Jeffs werkstatt acrylic Jett trigger as sealant and you're made:D

My brother has the UDM ultimate detailing machine and that seems like it vibrates a lot more [giving the old numb hand syndrome]

That said, there not that much difference from what I've heard from mates who have different versions - i suppose its which one you can get the best price on really.

Def need 6" pads and 4" pads - you'll need a 3.5" flexible backplate for the smaller pads.

The Sonus SFX ones I use are yellow [light cutting] white [polishing] blue [glaze/wax] Though I tend to find the blue ones surplus to requirements.

Couple of befores and afters

BMW Z4 3.0Si before
BMW_Z4_0056.gif

After
BMW_Z4_0060.gif

Before
BMW_Z4_0001.gif

After
BMW_Z4_0088.gif

106 GTi
No brainer to get the Meguiars G220 machine theses days, proper UK warrenty, no need to chop of plugs and no need to get get extension leads and transformer to lug around.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
No worries mate. PM me if you want any more info:approve:

ps, the Z4 was about 8 months old and set the owner back £36k !!!:eek:

As said above, you can get 240v versions of the UDM and G220, so no need for tranny and extension cables [which would set you back £50 ish on top of a porter cable]

JMR

RB 182 Cup
No brainer to get the Meguiars G220 machine theses days, proper UK warrenty, no need to chop of plugs and no need to get get extension leads and transformer to lug around.

Beat me to it.

Brother has the UDM and he bought a special adaptor which means you dont have to cut of the 110v plug off. Though he did tell me that set him back £28:eek::eek::eek: