ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which one to get?

So, I've lined up a garage for my 'summer' car, want to get a 182 for winter duties and maybe some track days in spring/summer. I don't drive on my commute, so it's likely to be dark & cold when I do drive, so xenons etc are required. standard or FF, not a cup (I think I've decided!).

Having a look, I've picked a few that are close enough, aim is to train it and just drive it home. Don't have a budget per say, if a tidy FF came along for £2k I'd go for it, but don't want to spend more than that. Can't be black, other car is!

Thoughts on below? Or any other that you've seen?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611149743014
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610259123244
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610229028931
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/renaultsport-clio/renault-clio-x65-renaultsport-182-16v-2004/6470390
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611109640958

Jesse! I can see the cars for sale, and none of them suit. If I couldn't see them, I'd subscribe. If I get a car from here, I'll subscribe. So, as there are none that fit then bill on here, what's next best?

So you advise me to buy a car from the site that doesn't suit the criteria? And that there is a bug that allows me to see them, yet you won't help.

Friendly bunch!

I even said I'd subscribe if I find the car on here...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You subscribing to here makes little or no odds to me.

Normally, unless i'm losing the plot you can't view the for sales adverts without being a member.

Wether you buy a car from here will not affect me in any way, but i'm trying to help. Members cars are 'normally' well looked after and here is a good forum with some very nice people :)

The friendly bunch comment. I'm sorry i didnt realise you were so sensitive.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm unsure how there's no cars for sale on here that don't fit your criteria, there's loads of cars for sale!

All you've said your criteria is is a 182 that isn't Black.

I'm not sensitive, but inviting me to subscribe and get a car from here when I can see that none take my fancy, then dismissing me is rude to a new(ish) member. Especially when you're wrong, as proven by a few posts above.

Ok, so maybe my criteria was a little loose, but as we've established, I can see the ads and have run through them and nothing stands out. It's either "awaiting proof of dephaser" or full of mods etc. I've spotted one in Newcastle (a bit far from Oxford), but it looks good so I'll PM.

If anyone else sees something tidy, please post it up!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Something has changed then

As the usual where to buy a car, can't see the adverts on here was answered with £12 membership fee and save yourself a headache, hopefully.

RB 182 FF
The advice given was spot on, it was misconstrued as far as I can see... Most guys here are top blokes and you'll get excellent adevice.... 99% of the time you'd be better buying a forum car from knowledgeable people who spend on the maintenance of their cars. Obviously there are cars out there that are good examples but forum cars are usually where the good buys are.

I'm in the same position looking at a second car of a different make now, I check those forums for good examples and look through advice on what to look for if I buy elsewhere..

Good luck finding a good 182, they are about although a slightly bigger budget would help if you could stretch...:up:

I understand 'forum cars' tend to be looked after better, just went about it the wrong way if you ask me. I've got a car forum and I'd not like users talking to newbies like that...

Anyway, Although I could stretch the budget, if you look back over my history, I've already added to it, and honestly don't think I could justify more, when a sub £2k car will be 'just' as good. I've seen 172's for £1k, they just don't have the twin pipes!

PH2 172
I paid £850 for my 172 and it's mint.
Came with a few issues (boot didn't lock, steering wheel was melting and car doesn't get up to temp) but they're all easy to fix

RB 182 FF
I understand what you're saying, if you know your cars you can find some gems for little money. But these are Renaults and although parts are relatively inexpensive, they can soon add up very quickly if you dont buy a good one....!

There's a titanium FF up for £1150 in the FS section. If it's decent condition with history get the belts done and you'll have a good example FF with belts for less than £1700.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think the intention was to 'lie' to you about what cars were on offer at the minute on the forum in order to make you become a member... @imprezaworks was just making a sweeping statement about the quality of cars on the forum tending to be higher than those sold elsewhere. The good ones often get put up on the forum and sold straight away.
Seems you were the one coming onto the forum with the wrong attitude and being on the defensive from the beginning. No-one really cares if you become a member or not.

RB 182 FF
JB21 raises a good point, you could buy a cheap one and do all neccessary work Inc belts, dephaser, waterpump, aux kit etc etc for circa 2k budget... I still prefer to buy my cars from owners with a brain and knowledge of cars and mechanical awareness...

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hi there. Welcome to the CS forums. How can i assist you on such a fine evening. Im here to help and happy as always to answer any queries you may behold.
We have a for sale section on the site offering a wide range of well looked after clios to suit all of your needs.
You could find one outside of the forums of course but beware of mis-sold sheds.
Wether you are looking for 2 tailpipes or 1 (or even 0 if that makes 1 bit of sense) then search away.
I hope this welcome is welcoming for you and you are welcome for my welcoming message.
Whats your car forum by the way?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi there. Welcome to the CS forums. How can i assist you on such a fine evening. Im here to help and happy as always to answer any queries you may behold.
We have a for sale section on the site offering a wide range of well looked after clios to suit all of your needs.
You could find one outside of the forums of course but beware of mis-sold sheds.
Wether you are looking for 2 tailpipes or 1 (or even 0 if that makes 1 bit of sense) then search away.
I hope this welcome is welcoming for you and you are welcome for my welcoming message.
😂

Lmfao.

Nice.:up:

Chip on shoulder: Recommend doing your own research tbh. You've had a look at all the cars here and decided none suit your criteria and then had a dig as if everyone else should search other sources on your behalf, for free. Bit weak. I've been around forums longer than I can remember (not this one) and IMHO, it's you who's coming across the wrong way!

Friendly advice: Give up on the whole twin pipe thing. I've had a 182 and a 172 and for all intents and purposes they're the same thing. If you really, really have to have twin pipes then you're essentially electing to pay a lot of extra money for that aesthetic. You could literally buy a decent 172 and then modify it to have a twin pipe exhaust for sub 2k budget. You'll find a really nice 172 for 1k and a mint one for 2k. You might take this as criticism, but I promise it's not, it's genuinely my feeling having owned both and spent a lot of money playing around with these cars. My profile is actually outdated now, I drive a 172 myself.