ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which lowered suspension for daily drive?

Hi all,

I will be looking into mildly lowering my Clio at some point (I haven't even got the car yet!), it will be my daily drive with about 90% of the time spent on the motorway although some town driving as well.

I will be lowering the car 40mm so nothing mental, might look at swapping out the dampers as well, will see what condition they are in to see if its worth it although the car has done 117k.

Just wondering if anyone else on here is in the same situation, I currently have a slammed MX5 which has really quite harsh coilovers for a daily drive which is why I am weary of what I swap mine out to be. I did enjoy how well the car handled though which is why I am wanting to tweak a few things, will get a front strut (guessing its a McPherson strut arrangement). I don't think I will need to uprate the ARBs due to the fact that its a DCI so they have massive ARBs already lol.

What do people suggest I have a look into getting for just lowering springs, guessing I would need some nice progressively wound ones.

Thanks in advance

skusey_

ClioSport Club Member
  OG Megane 250
My 182 is running eibach sportlines, lowers the front around 40-45mm and the rear 30mm. Gives a nice stance and imo is more than comfortable for daily use even on the terrible roads by me.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Depends if you want springs or coilovers. If you spend some dosh and buy decent coilovers, you won't get a bone breaking ride.

I am just going for springs, coilovers are good if you need lots of adjustments etc, I am just looking for a slightly sportier and lower ride but nothing harsh.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
See my thread about 172 suspension onto a dci just under yours. Im running apex -60mm springs and dampers, handles really well and sits low but too stiff for all the miles i do.

Imo the best setup is cup dampers and springs (or eibach springs to go with them) but its not straight forward!

Ive ran a dci 100 on standard dampers and eibach sportline springs (the dci and 172/182 springs are the same part number) and it was miss matched i hated it.

Ive ran standard dampers and 182 cup springs and same problem altho a little better.

Ran a dci 100 on koni adjustables and eibach sportlines and that was brilliant although expensive!!

Hmm I will have a think, won't be for a while though as I haven't even got the car! I guess the extra weight of the DCI engine would be a factor and the fact that the ARBs are apparently fairly massive.

I will be running on the OEM 15" wheels as well, I like them a lot as they are specific to the trim level so won't be running lower profile tyres which should make it more comfy anyway.

Are there any good springs that would go with the standard dampers?

RS Clio 182
Cooksports! Made a huge difference to my daily drive. Handling is 100x better and can be used with standard dampers. Cheaper than sportlines but I would say it's slightly better as it looks lower and the drive feels better too. Drove a mates 182 on sportlines so commenting on experience.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Cooksports! Made a huge difference to my daily drive. Handling is 100x better and can be used with standard dampers. Cheaper than sportlines but I would say it's slightly better as it looks lower and the drive feels better too. Drove a mates 182 on sportlines so commenting on experience.

but this isn't a 172/182 its a DCI so the standard dampers are completely different

RS Clio 182
Ohh right must of read too fast and skipped the dci bit. FLOL. Going through this forum I keep thinking it's for 182's and 172's. Keep forgetting that there's actually other types of clio's :quiet: