ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Disks?

Phase 2 172 Cup
would like to replace the disks on the Cup with some grooved, or drilled and grooved

can anyone recommend me a set, circa £100 or so

seen afew on ebay, and iv used one of the sellers before for drilled and grooved (mtec) and want to knwo if anyone has other options

Thanks

Chris

Stocks on a cup arn't that good imo, so I went out and paid the extra for Brembo max discs with Mintex 1144 fats road/race pads....never looked back and well worth paying the extra!

320d
brembo max discs either plain or grooved

gsfcarparts.com are hard to beat on price as they'll have a local branch to save on postage

Stocks on a cup arn't that good imo, so I went out and paid the extra for Brembo max discs with Mintex 1144 fats road/race pads....never looked back and well worth paying the extra!

jesus I dont know how you lot cook your brakes so easily on the road! Crazy Fools!!

megan R26.R number 006
brembo max disks will be fine but it depends on what pads you are going to use as some of the aggressive track pads will destroy them in 2 seconds flat i have tyred them and brembo high carbon disks tbh there is hardly any difference in them just the price and some groves

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i got standard they are fine! can get cooked on a tsisty lane if youre really hiking on though! just dont want real bite as it proved killer in my old saxo in the wet

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
standard disk are good from what people say

get some uprated pads n you inprove

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got brembo max front disks and they are impressive, Using green stuff pads (a lot here dont like them) but i dont do that many track days, 1 or 2 a year so they are fine, a bit better than standard but dont give out half as much dust as standard (which is the main reason i went for them, how gay! lol)

dont bother with drilled disks they just crack.

brembo max disks will be fine but it depends on what pads you are going to use as some of the aggressive track pads will destroy them in 2 seconds flat i have tyred them and brembo high carbon disks tbh there is hardly any difference in them just the price and some groves
2 seconds flat! Yeah ok mate!!

ive got brembo max front disks and they are impressive, Using green stuff pads (a lot here dont like them) but i dont do that many track days, 1 or 2 a year so they are fine, a bit better than standard but dont give out half as much dust as standard (which is the main reason i went for them, how gay! lol)

dont bother with drilled disks they just crack.
Fair enough you have max discs, but if your doing track days then why are you using greenstuff pads for track days, their not a track day pad iirc?

I had drilled discs on the front from K tec racing for around 18 months and not one bit of crackage! I have also still got drilled on the back and had them on at the same time as the front ones went on and still they are not cracked.

megan R26.R number 006
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson

2 seconds flat! Yeah ok mate!!

well i dont meant 2 seconds flat but i have done a set in 1000 miles and two track days

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Using Brembo Max items currently. Again from e-bay at £90 delivered.:)

Not too sure if DS 2500's should be used with them though.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique

Can you tell me which of the following will fit a 2005 05 plate Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique (mark two phase three I think that is)?

Discs front and back with standard callipers:

R60116F
BRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX'
CLIO 1.2 16V/1.4 16V 99>
Add
R60116F
BRAKE DISC-BREMBO'MAX'
CLIO 1.8 16V
Add

And also pads for the same car:

R64221
BRAKE PAD SET-GIRLING CAL
CLIO GIRLING
Add
TTMDB1628X
BRAKE PAD SET-MINTEX XTREME
CLIO GIRLING
Add
R64221AG
BRAKE PAD SET-EBC GREENST
CLIO GIRLING
Add

Anyone know if these are genuine parts? seems very very cheap!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough you have max discs, but if your doing track days then why are you using greenstuff pads for track days, their not a track day pad iirc?
Like i say i only do one or 2 track days a year if that, and ive found greenstuff to be fine on track as long as its not long sessions, and fine for hard fast road use.

if im doing a long track day i usually just stick a different set of pads on it.

greenstuff were fine on track on my 1.2 16v but that wasnt as heavy or going as fast

I had drilled discs on the front from K tec racing for around 18 months and not one bit of crackage! I have also still got drilled on the back and had them on at the same time as the front ones went on and still they are not cracked.
Possibly just my experiance though although ive heard of plenty of sports/super car owners changing drilled disks for non drilled disks because of cracking, usually with factory brembos.

GT, Valver, BMW
sorry to hijack but where would you buy the mintex 1144 pads from ?

any part numbers for the brembo max grooved discs from GSF ?

thanks