ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which clio is best for new series,197 or 200?

Clio 197
if you were going to enter this which Clio would you buy?
I'm guessing either of the cups, 197 or 200?
Which would be best suited ? ?
You can pick up a 197 cup for nearly half the 200 cup price but is the 200 the one to have if you are going to race it or is the difference in engine,gear ratios,better steering,not worth the extra money?
Suspension i guess doesn't matter as they will be included in the kit you can buy from Renault.
Any advice would be great.

Clio 197
I'm very interested in this series,I have raced the Ma5da Mx5 mk1 series on and off for the last 3 years but have always liked Renaultsports, I've owned 172 and 197 R27 F1 in liquid yellow #002 and at the minute there is a Clio V6 Mk1 Sat in my garage which hardly gets used, my idea is to sell the Mx5 race car to fund the 197 or if the 200 is better for the job sell the V6 as well.
Any help on the best car for the job would be great.
Is the 200 that much better than the 197?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
To be fair i dont think theres much between the cup 197 and 200 i'd go for the 197 as its a lot cheaper and the money you would pay extra for a 200 i'd spend and play with the 197

Personally, i'd go with an early, miley 197 with good service history. That means it'll be cheap, the engine will have been nicely run in thus making better power, and even though the early 197 gearboxes werent the best they provide the shortest of ratios which can only be good for racing.

Then plump the extra money on racing it.

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Any more info on this? only thing ive seen is the news article on the renault sport website from mid december.