ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Car Dilema

I am at a bit of a loss for what car to go to next and was looking for some advice. My recent car history has been Milano Integra DC5, BMW 135i and Championship White Integra DC5. I enjoy an involving drive, but second baby will be arriving soon so the new car has to be comfortable, safe and reasonably spacious. We do have the Mrs' Subaru Forester as the main child mover, so my car only has to accomodate them on the odd occasion. The other requirements are that it wont be a boring drive, quite quick (sub 6 sec to 100k), reasonable quality interior and not depreciate too much. Fuel efficiency isnt an issue as i live in Australia. Price range is up to $30,000, approx £17,500. Id like an FD2R civic but they arent available in Australia.
Ive been thinking and come up with the following list:
VW Passat R36 Estate
BMW M3 E46
BMW M3 E36
Alfa 159 JTS V6 Estate
Ive never driven the above, so would be keen to hear comments on those. Any other suggestions would be great.
Thanks

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not a bad shout, not sure how well it would hold its value. Ill take a look at other examples, pensioner gold is an acquired taste :wink:
Looks like the youngest in my price range is 2007-2009. Maybe too old for a Holden.
Jewish racing gold is the correct name iirc

Gearboxes are tempremental in the Mk6 R.

I know you had an M135i, but is a Sport Back S3 any use?
Had a look at those last night actually, quite like them. Only issue i see is size, wouldnt fit prams etc if needed and arent they meant to be a slightly dull drive?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It really depends on what you're after. They're very capable and remap really well but i suppose they are a bit linear.

5 door e92 M3? (Unsure which e90/92 is the right model number?£)

Totally left field...Volvo V70 3.0 T6? Great for carrying the bin lids with plenty of room and are cheap to buy. Probably not the most involving drive versus your previous cars but that's the compromise with 2 children.

Totally left field...Volvo V70 3.0 T6? Great for carrying the bin lids with plenty of room and are cheap to buy. Probably not the most involving drive versus your previous cars but that's the compromise with 2 children.
Not a bad shout at all, the scottish in me likes the potential cost savings! Theyre no looker though. Carsales is telling me there's 7 for sale in Australia!

Anyone have any experience of the R36 Passat?
I looked at them before I purchased my old Mazda 6 MPS, the MPG put me off (not an issue for you) and they are a very heavy car so not as quick as they should be, also the fact that they are so rare put me off, bet engine parts would be a nightmare to source.

Think im going off the idea of the r36 having read that pistonheads thread. Those seats look so comfy though.