ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to put petrol cap when filling up, just found out today!?!?

1.2 16v
After reading this I can't remember what I do with my petrol cap :S think it hangs on a bit of string.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Nearly 7 years and never spotted it, Always just popped the filler cap on the petrol pump.

Clio Sport 172.
I just checked my 172 and sure enough there is a nice little hangy thingy!! Will be quite useful!! Late to the party again :-(

172 Track Car
Just filled up, works a bloody treat! My car currently has an awful wrap so I normally just pop the key+filler on the boot spoiler:eek:

172 Cup
172 cups dont have the metal hook - its a weight saving excercise & RS engineers deemed it too hard to try and hang keys from said hook when wearing racing gloves. Another reason why 172 cups are bad boy.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Yep, found it on my first fill up.

Most cars have a holder of some sort, dont think I've owned or used a car that didn't and I've had a few.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
How long before someone posts about their discovery of an internal handle for pulling the boot closed without getting filthy hands/marking the paintwork?

Or that holding down the lock button puts the car into minicab mode. Or if you hold the trip reset button and key the ignition it makes the dials go up and down.

Black 200 Cup
172 cups dont have the metal hook - its a weight saving excercise & RS engineers deemed it too hard to try and hang keys from said hook when wearing racing gloves. Another reason why 172 cups are bad boy.

I can confirm that the 172 Cup actually does have the plastic hook. It says in the manual that you shouldn't hang your fuel cap and keys from it, though, as the flap hinges are too lightweight to take the extra load - it's a weight saving exercise.

Heh, I said 'flap hinges'.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
How anyone didn't notice it, I do not know, it was the first thing i noticed when i filled up.

phase 1 flamer 172
Never knew this, tried it yesterday, easier to leave it on top of the pump where i usually leave it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
How can you feel like a tw*t using the hanging bracket, looks normal to me :S

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What's the alternative?

fordeasyfuel_464x0.jpg

http://www.perrys.co.uk/car-news/articles/2012/05/ford-how-to-stop-a-fuel-thief-18481.php

I did this yesterday. Felt like the coolest man alive. Keys just hanging there not giving a f**k. Getting looks of jealousy from impressed passers by.