ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy a v6 from

Hi everyone,

Will be looking to buy a new v6 255 in the nxt two mths but dont want to pay £27k for one. Just wondered if anyone on here has bought a new one and saved a few grand by buying one that had been pre-registered. Want to buy a UK one as well.

Cheers

Scott

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_P1 on 12 January 2005

Broadspeed wont be able to supply you them at that price, bit dubious about the other one too.
Do Broadspeed pre-register the cars? Pre-registration seems to be bringing V6s down to that sort of figure.

Simple answer - dont buy new unless you want to lose a stack of cash in a few weeks. Examples:

I bought one last week privately, with less than 500 miles on the clock and 4 weeks old for £22k.

There was an ex demo car with 1000 miles on it which Renault in Bury St Edmunds had on at £22.5k last week - that was only 8 weeks old.

There were another 2 which were available last week privately, both only a few weeks old and both at £22k.

The other alternative is to buy an unregisteted "showroom" car. Theres a blue one at Renault Kidlington which I know they want to sell. You may get it for £25kish, but youll lose £3k on it as soon as you take it home.

As always, you pays your money...

Renault Laguna Coupe

Pay a visit to your local dealer and see what they can do. I p/xd my 172 for my new V6, got a really good deal, and no fannying about with brokers or importers. timrs right about the initial depreciation, but you can minimise this by driving a hard bargain.